Here's what we've come to

Help Support CattleToday:

Would've loved for someone to have tried that when I had my White german shepard male dog years ago. His job was to "take care" of the truck and whatever else I left there for him to do. He literally would have taken their arm off...Then I guess they would have gotten me for a viscious animal....But if they stuck their arm inside HIS truck, with the windows open, then they were illegally tresspassing..in his eyes they were trying to steal it, and he was just doing his job guarding the truck.

If it was legally parked, I'd get a lawyer and go after the people who turned it in, and the cops that authorized it and the vet for doing it, since he of all people should have had the common sense to tell the "DO GOODER" that started that whole mess that the weather/temp conditions were of practically perfect temps for the comfort of the animals. And I would make a big stink to try to get it across to the general public that they do have a right to be concerned about the welfare of an animal, but that they do not have a right to impose their own standards on that animal. The vet of all of them should have had more BA//s and said WHOA WAIT A MINUTE, there is nothing wrong here and the animals are not under duress...
I would not have left my keys in a vehicle in an area that is not "my stomping grounds" and nowadays, don't even leave them in the vehicle when I run to the store...but they are in all the vehicles on the farms we rent since you never know when someone has to move it for some reason.

True Grit Farms":3hi2vk08 said:
Bigfoot":3hi2vk08 said:
pricefarm":3hi2vk08 said:
So the vet drove his truck and trailer to the vets office? How did they get the key?

I never lock mine, or take the key out. When I heard they drove it, as opposed to towing, I just assumed he does the same.

Well leaving your keys in your truck makes no sense at all. And doing so away from home is just plum stupid. Who ever owns that truck is to dumb to have a drivers license. IMO I'd be pressing charges against the vet and pushing the issue to the max. This is wrong on so many issues it's unthinkable.

Undoubtedly, the majority of people feel the same way you do, because I see them locking their vehicles.------------I personally refuse to be a slave to fear. I also don't see my dog allowing anybody in the truck.

Bigfoot":2h2fj9vl said:
A friend of mine, had his truck, and trailer parked while he ran an errand on foot (not sure how long he was gone, but it wasn't long). He had his horse on the trailer, and his dog in the back seat. Came back, all gone. Impounded, for the animals safety and well being. Reason given, too cold for them (55 degrees yesterday at the time of the incident). Neither the dog nor the horse would accept water when they arrived at the vet office. He has his rig and animals back. No charges were filed, and he hasn't decided yet what his level of concern is.
He should sue the vet for theft and anyone who conspired. At minimal file criminal complaints.

I don;t know about suing but I would sure file a complaint with the cops for grand theft

dun":1dihljfh said:
I don;t know about suing but I would sure file a complaint with the cops for grand theft
Why not? It cost him time and money. They trespassed on his property. He should be compensated for it. This is why we have gotten where we are. It requires people to make a stand when they have been violated to stop it.

If the vet had any sense, he should have let the complaining party know the animals were fine. Sounds like a scam to me.

No Vet around here would even think about showing up at the scene and probably wouldn't have entertained whomever called very long. Dumb.

Bigfoot":3ppke1oh said:
This guy wouldn't sue anybody.
Suing frequently costs more in the long run than you could get back. I know there is the "doing it for the principle" deal. I've done that myself. I realized going in that it would cost me time and money. Filing a complaint won;t cost you anything but it will aggravate the crap out of the vet and probably the cops. Maybe that would make them think twice before doing it again

The story seems incomplete, either the police have something against the animal owner, or the police and the vet have worked together on similar situations, and believe they can get away with it.

Now days there are too many folks with cameras capturing every moment, so they have to know someone is watching and they'll probably have to be accountable.

I'd like to hear the rest of the story.

My dog is with me if the truck door opens. I have to be careful because she'll be in there once in a while without me realizing it. I do not let her go if I am going North to the Kansas City area. Too much trouble trying to educate them on animal behavior and comfort levels.

Bigfoot":wb8znjc4 said:
True Grit Farms":wb8znjc4 said:
Bigfoot":wb8znjc4 said:
I never lock mine, or take the key out. When I heard they drove it, as opposed to towing, I just assumed he does the same.

Well leaving your keys in your truck makes no sense at all. And doing so away from home is just plum stupid. Who ever owns that truck is to dumb to have a drivers license. IMO I'd be pressing charges against the vet and pushing the issue to the max. This is wrong on so many issues it's unthinkable.

Undoubtedly, the majority of people feel the same way you do, because I see them locking their vehicles.------------I personally refuse to be a slave to fear. I also don't see my dog allowing anybody in the truck.

For whatever it's worth I never take the keys out of either of my trucks unless I go to the big city.

TexasBred":1vphxa8i said:
Bigfoot":1vphxa8i said:
True Grit Farms":1vphxa8i said:

For whatever it's worth I never take the keys out of either of my trucks unless I go to the big city.

I don't lock my house.

Bigfoot":3fuyyn2i said:
TexasBred":3fuyyn2i said:
Bigfoot":3fuyyn2i said:

I don't lock my house.

I don't know where the keys are for my house. But my guns and money are locked in a safe. You guy's are either really trusting or don't carry what I carry in my truck. I must live to be a slave to fear, because I have more ammo in my truck than most people own. Myself I believe some of the stuff I see on the news. And plan on living through a riot if I ever happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

True Grit Farms":1uuild7m said:
Bigfoot":1uuild7m said:
TexasBred":1uuild7m said:

I don't lock my house.

I don't know where the keys are for my house. But my guns and money are locked in a safe. You guy's are either really trusting or don't carry what I carry in my truck. I must live to be a slave to fear, because I have more ammo in my truck than most people own. Myself I believe some of the stuff I see on the news. And plan on living through a riot if I ever happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I have a gun and two clips in my truck. Figure that should be enough. Not gonna walk around thinking everybody I meet or pass is out to kill or rob me.

Latest posts