Hereford Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Hoser

Reaction score
I picked these embryo calves up from a ranch that gives there cows the bare minimum so they can see who can survive on very little. Animals don't look like much coming from there but I've seen them do very well for others around me. A perfect example is MJTs Rocky bull which they bought from the same place.
Give me your honest opinion of them.

Just going by looks, I like the first one, she has a decent back and is long.. second one doesn't look like much, though she may make a good cow too

Both look good. I prefer the second one. Better neck placement, good feet and very rectangular body shape. She will have no problems grazing. The first one is a little more balanced and a better bottom line. Nice capacity on her.

Not a polled guy but both look thick and feminine enough to make cows. If I could only pick one it would be the first although the second looks quite a bit younger and may stretch out more.

I am not impressed. Looking at their age, their pedigree, their actual weight numbers and the big fact they were ET calves with a good crossbred cow raising them, they are disappointing.

Can't compare the Rocky bull as that was all MJT breeding in the first place. Lohner just calved out the cow. And these heifers aren't all MJT breeding. They have a bunch of show-ring polled blood.

But they look like typical polled Hereford calves up in this country - finer boned and feminine.

If you want some real good rugged ranch heifers that will work, I would recommend Triple A Herefords in Moose Jaw or Braun Ranch in Simmie, SK, both have their bull sales in early March with open purebred and commercial heifers in them.

gcreekrch said:
Sheesh Aaron, and some say I tell things like they are.........

I am just as bad in person. Maybe worse.

Although you missed the early days here when a couple of long-since vacated posters would regularly critique my 4 legger photos. There certainly was no holding back on their part.

Aaron said:
I am not impressed. Looking at their age, their pedigree, their actual weight numbers and the big fact they were ET calves with a good crossbred cow raising them, they are disappointing.

Can't compare the Rocky bull as that was all MJT breeding in the first place. Lohner just calved out the cow. And these heifers aren't all MJT breeding. They have a bunch of show-ring polled blood.

But they look like typical polled Hereford calves up in this country - finer boned and feminine.

If you want some real good rugged ranch heifers that will work, I would recommend Triple A Herefords in Moose Jaw or Braun Ranch in Simmie, SK, both have their bull sales in early March with open purebred and commercial heifers in them.
Thanks for the feedback Aaron

Latest posts