Hereford hair

Help Support CattleToday:

who would have thought a little question about hair would create a thread like this. I purchased the heifer to produce F-1's for my commercial herd, she will meet my expectations or she will go to slaughter. Thanks for everyones input.

Cmon Larry!..I want to see your answer?

P.S. Rhetoric will get you to Guru too! :lol: :shock:

Aghhh wocattle,

It's just that when the questions been covered the members will play. Don't get your "hair all up" in a dander! :lol: :lol:

Larry, you're not the kind of fella to through an ugly name at a woman then run are you ? Where did you go? Through discussing the advantages of hair evaluation?

Sorry for delay_ I have a life besides sitting around playing on the computer. Yes I have answered the question of long hair and problems it causes on Herford - or any other breed. Have given you process to show the proof on your own farm by allowing you to look at your own cows, their records, and hair length. Have also shown you other benefits of really looking at your cows. (I was sooooooo impressed that some can name a few large operations). The info is there for those who choose to use it or you may go on your merry way thinking the only way is the university way.

Thanks for responding Larry. Lets give a practical example. I for matter of discussion own a holstein, brahman , angus, highland, saler, and a simmental. The first three have slick hair and the last three are wooly. Which raised the heaviest calves?

Latest posts