Hereford bully

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm pretty sure that's her first cycle. I'll have to look back and see when she calved. Friends cow. She has a nice lil steer calf.

Yep. Born beginning of February!
I told my buddy, if anything over there cycles, he will be all over em! Looks like she will sell as a 3 in 1

D'oh! I was wrong. That's the one that had the lil silver heifer end of January!

Last edited:
So Bessie kicked off calving season here at home. NO FEBRUARY calves!
And we had a really mild February. Go figure! Last 2 years have been BRUTAL!

Big Sexy's first calf of the season. Bull calf. Looks just like him really...
20230311_143358.jpg
That's a pretty steep grade. Them newborns are something else. He made it!
20230311_143426.jpg20230311_143440.jpg
Bessie looking at me like..
What!?! U doubt ME?

I figured she would be first to calve by him. Rocket should be next but she don't really look close. Then Rowdy and few others.

Gonna miss this bull terribly!!
I've kept no animals from him. Gentlest, easiest moving, hardest working ol boy a guy could've ever asked for.

Knee injury put him outta the game.
Think you might keep any out of his last group of calves this next year? Especially if you get a yellow baldie🙃
Hopefully he brings a nice price.

My little granddaughter would love this bull ( she will be five in November) she loves white face cattle.
We promised her we would buy another Hereford bull, we have a lot of black cows a Hereford would work on.
We messed up and let her watch the movie (the rare breed).
We bought several good Hereford cows during last year's drought and she claims everyone after it has a white face calve. Lol.

Think you might keep any out of his last group of calves this next year? Especially if you get a yellow baldie🙃
Hopefully he brings a nice price.
He did very well, even with a slight limp. I've had him penned on my south acre for about 30 days plus. He was down a bit on weight. Only weighed a bit over 1600lbs. But brought over 2000 bucks. Only gave 1500 several years ago. He owed me nothing for sure!

Time will tell on any replacement heifers. I've got all my mamas bred to him tho. So there is a very real possibility of keeping at least one or two!

@tex452
I know the feeling. Love them baldy calves! The buyers do too.

My little granddaughter would love this bull ( she will be five in November) she loves white face cattle.
We promised her we would buy another Hereford bull, we have a lot of black cows a Hereford would work on.
We messed up and let her watch the movie (the rare breed).
We bought several good Hereford cows during last year's drought and she claims everyone after it has a white face calve. Lol.
We have The Rare Breed on dvd.....love it!

Last of the calves from Big Sexy!
Will have one more coming in a month or two. Ditto has always been behind. Hopefully she moves up a month.
First pic is Rocket and her heifer. (Center of pic)
This is Rockets 9th calf. Makes her about 11 yrs old. My first ever bovine!
Shes never left the place. Big Sexy really stamped this heifer. Black with a featherneck. White tipped tail. White underbelly.
I'm on the fence about keeping her. Every heifer I've kept from Rocket had trouble calving first time round.
20240316_140303.jpg
Mama and Sevens calves.
Seven has a heifer. Black
Mamas is a bull. Red
20240316_140258.jpg20240316_140231.jpg

Last edited:
I like your brockle faced calves. They look good. You don't have to make any decisions today about Rocket's calf. Too often people make an early decision and then can't change their mind. Wait until she's breeding age and then see if you have a bull that will complement her.

I like your brockle faced calves. They look good. You don't have to make any decisions today about Rocket's calf. Too often people make an early decision and then can't change their mind. Wait until she's breeding age and then see if you have a bull that will complement her.
I've always liked his calves for sure. Even on some colorful cows he always threw a baldy/brockle or hereford looking calf.
They always grow pretty decent too.

I was gonna keep the last heifer from Rocket. She came up bred when I sold her and took her back home. She was 11 months old. 3 months bred! Sheesh
I'm sure she was bred to my brangus bull. By accident!

Was gonna halter break her etc. She turned into a mean lil witch! Sold her anyway.