Here we go again

Help Support CattleToday:

Rookie

Reaction score
Once again me and all the folke round here be right in the heart o all the weather crap. Lord, northeast Ks. really bites the big one this time a year :x

Rookie, What do you mean by weather 'crap'? The storms bring the rain that we all need...Is it the wind that bothers you? Hail? Tornados? Whats your beef with the weather?

Rafter E":2afshvw4 said:
Rookie, What do you mean by weather 'crap'? The storms bring the rain that we all need...Is it the wind that bothers you? Hail? Tornados? Whats your beef with the weather?

What's my beef?????????FYI - Maybe the thought of tornados, 2-4 inch hail, 60-80 mile straight line winds be ya cup o tea.All this be goin on hereabouts right at the moment. I be prayin that such never comes and wipes away 20 yrs of ya sweat, blood and hard work like it has many round here. I won't apologize if my post offended ya. Maybe ya be hurtin for rain.Maybe ya never lost every buildin on ya property and ya livestock ta boot.That be my beef with the weather rafter E.

george

After going through 4 hurricanes last year, and all the loss and misery that went with no power etc afterwards, jumped at the chance to move back to the weather here in the mid west. You won't hear me complaining about the storms here, I currently am about 4 miles from the Kansas line, and it is paradise compared to what we went through last year in FL.

I'm with ya, rookie. We could use the rain, but I'll take mine without the wind, hail, and, oh yeah, at night so it does not keep me from getting my work done during daylight hours.

Yup, we survived the hurricanes--lost the barn roof and some fine old trees and of course power and sanity for a while. This year's fare seems to be about 9" of rain in the past week on sandy soil that hadn't dampened enough for it to soak in and now the skeeters are hatching out the size of butterflies. Only ones enjoying this are the geese swimming in the barn lot. Weather can always be the pits!

Thurliss":c16ulmx1 said:
After going through 4 hurricanes last year, and all the loss and misery that went with no power etc afterwards, jumped at the chance to move back to the weather here in the mid west. You won't hear me complaining about the storms here, I currently am about 4 miles from the Kansas line, and it is paradise compared to what we went through last year in FL.

I wouldn't agree on the "paradise" thing, but here we go again. A named storm already on the radar- heading right towards Macon, but we'll get the bulk of the moisture in our area. Just what we need after 10" in the last 10 days. Hold on to your butts Floridians. Get them high ground pastures ready.

D.R. Cattle":1r34egte said:
Thurliss":1r34egte said:

I wouldn't agree on the "paradise" thing, but here we go again. A named storm already on the radar- heading right towards Macon, but we'll get the bulk of the moisture in our area. Just what we need after 10" in the last 10 days. Hold on to your butts Floridians. Get them high ground pastures ready.

Good luck DR,I know the feeling :shock: :mad: :shock: ............george

Latest posts