Here it comes.

Help Support CattleToday:

Obama was on NBC from Newtown tonight and vowed to make changes. It is starting.

Red Bull Breeder":2mldgps3 said:
Reckon any of the folks wanting gun control ever wonder why none of the idiots don't go to a police station for there shoot outs.
No, they don't think that far. Kinda like the guy that went into a bar not to long ago to rob it, pulled his gun out and all of a sudden almost everyone in there was "draw'd" down on him. He'd walked into a cop bar.

Seems to me that everyone knows the definition of insanity

So - why do more of the same?

Just eliminate the soft targets and the problem might not go away, but it sure is reduced - and it does far more good than feel good legislation that only the law-a-biding will follow

Eliminate gun free zones and you no longer have soft targets

Every crazy out there knows what a soft target is and how to use that soft target to make an impact on the media

Then again, what do I know? I am just a dumb Canadian who sits on the outside and looks in with wonder!

Merry Christmas to all

Bez

Isomade":19tidhzw said:
Obama was on NBC from Newtown tonight and vowed to make changes. It is starting.

I watch him tonight, it interrupted the game, I think you're right he has something up his sleeve .... My guess is he'll start with assault rifles and maybe ammo. It was strange they way he built up to an annoucment and then backed off after he gave us his warning.

snake67":231keq8q said:

Just eliminate the soft targets and the problem might not go away, but it sure is reduced - and it does far more good than feel good legislation that only the law-a-biding will follow

Every crazy out there knows what a soft target is and how to use that soft target to make an impact on the media

Then again, what do I know? I am just a dumb Canadian who sits on the outside and looks in with wonder!

Merry Christmas to all

Bez

We are just cheerleaders sitting in the sidelines hoping their country doesn't follow the same path as ours with the ridiculous regulation, when we know the gun free zones are the problem.

greybeard":1v3b2p1h said:
Gun shops will probably be doing a brisk business beginning tomorrow as soon as they open.

I know I'm buying ammo tomorrow.

snake67":103n9wrk said:

Merry Christmas to all

Bez

You can't go around making sense with your tactical jargon. That just doesn't work down here.

kenny thomas":dj4d3yze said:
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/16/15945357-top-democrat-will-seek-new-gun-law-in-next-congress?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1
It is starting.

Whenever something like this happens government always comes under pressure to do "something". Anything involving children makes for very charged emotions and in the heat of the moment the public demand something to be done to to prevent it ever happening again. Often you'll get a very reactive kneejerk response from government. We used to have very lenient gun laws in Australia. In 1996 we had a guy Martin Bryant kill 35 people with an automatic weapon. The government at the time (our right wing conservative party) introduced legislation banning ownership of all selfloading rifles and shotguns. They spent millions in a buyback scheme.

Andrew

kenny thomas":15hhu5k6 said:
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/16/15945357-top-democrat-will-seek-new-gun-law-in-next-congress?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1
It is starting.

Whenever something like this happens government always comes under pressure to do "something". Anything involving children makes for very charged emotions and in the heat of the moment the public demand something to be done to to prevent it ever happening again. Often you'll get a very reactive kneejerk response from government. We used to have very lenient gun laws in Australia. In 1996 we had a guy Martin Bryant kill 35 people with an automatic weapon. The government at the time (our right wing conservative party) introduced legislation banning ownership of all selfloading rifles and shotguns. They spent millions in a buyback scheme.

Andrew

townfarmer":vobinv8w said:
kenny thomas":vobinv8w said:
It is starting.

Andrew

So what's your point?

Even though some of you know my thoughts on an AR, I bought one Saturday. Was gonna trade it but I believe the price just went up $400.
For those in Canada and Australia or anywhere that there is gun control of any type how has it worked out. Did it stop all killings?

kenny thomas":1xciaxla said:
Even though some of you know my thoughts on an AR, I bought one Saturday. Was gonna trade it but I believe the price just went up $400.
For those in Canada and Australia or anywhere that there is gun control of any type how has it worked out. Did it stop all killings?

It made the liberals feel really good when they stroked themselves, but they still ended up getting shot and killed. So they lessened the regulations this year and the liberals are whining again, especially those French bast@rds.

Here is my take on the situation...

First of all, my heart goes out to all of the victims and their families over this senseless tragedy!! It was an act of Pure Evil. But to say that Gun Control is the answer is simply a joke!!

Let's stop and think for a minute about how many children die every year as a result of illegal drugs, or the number of children who die each year as a result of drunk driving accidents, suicide, etc., etc.. And don't get me started on how many children are killed each year due to "legal" abortions. The numbers would stagger you! But you don't hear about these or other issues facing our youth through our so-called media!

It's an agenda that wont solve a DAMN thing!!

I just don't understand this logic... There are a number of things that are illegal (drugs, prostitution, etc.) and yet how's that working for keeping them off the streets?

Saying that guns kill people is like saying that a spoon made me fat. People, it is time to get real and start taking accountability for our children. Raise them right, teach them respect, and more importantly, to Fear the Lord!!

I apologize for the rant but I am getting a little fed up with what is happening here in the land that I so love.

Brian

TN Cattle Man":1n6rrppp said:
Here is my take on the situation...

I just don't understand this logic... There are a number of things that are illegal (drugs, prostitution, etc.) and yet how's that working for keeping them off the streets?

Saying that guns kill people is like saying that a spoon made me fat. People, it is time to get real and start taking accountability for our children. Raise them right, teach them respect, and more importantly, to Fear the Lord!!

I apologize for the rant but I am getting a little fed up with what is happening here in the land that I so love.

Brian

Good post Brian, but what are you going to do about all the folks who are atheists that are raising their kids that way?

Latest posts