Helping Story

Help Support CattleToday:

melking

Reaction score
I heard this last night on a very strange show called Fargo. Sorry for the length...

" There was a wealthy man who looked around at the people and saw that misery abounded. He thought to himself, I am wealthy and I can ease these peoples misery, so he gave all of his money to charity. He was huddling on a bus bench trying to keep warm as he was now homeless, and he read a story in the newspaper blanket about how many thousands of people died because they did not get an organ transplant. He thought, I can help and so he found a transplant doctor and gave one of his kidneys. The recipient was saved and the man felt a warm glow. As he was recovering from the surgery, he took stock of his life and thought to himself, I have a lot of organs, so he went to the doctor and told him that he wanted to donate everything in his body. The catch was he wanted to do it right then. The doctor, of course, would not do it as it would have resulted in the man's death. Upon his release, the man checked into a cheap hotel for one night and sat in the bath tub. He called 911, and slit his own throat while clutching a note that said.....Organ Donor."

The moral of the story? Only a fool thinks he can save the whole world.

Latest posts