help trying to find molasses spray product

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
Hey all I have some hay that got rained on in May, and the cows are real slow to eat it. I know there is a molasses spray product where you inject the bale or spray on the bale to make it more desirable anybody know where a dealer is. I saw it advertised a while back in the carolina cattle connection but i have thrown those issues away. I'm in S. Carolina.

You could check with any of your local liquid feed sales reps for your area. The injection process is being done with all types of LF.

Why not just leave the hay "as is" and put out a tank of liquid feed. That should make them eat more of the hay and will probably save you money and time.

TexasBred":64uppd22 said:
Why not just leave the hay "as is" and put out a tank of liquid feed. That should make them eat more of the hay and will probably save you money and time.

That is the right way as it will put a fire in thier belly if you can find some CLS.
If not turn the bail on end and get a five gallon bucket of molasses and por it on the bale and let is soak through.
You shoild be able to buy the molasses at any feed mill cheap it cost around a 1.25 a gallon here.

TexasBred":z0l1d2ag said:

Ditto that. Why look to make more work for yourself. Injecting the bales, working on the pump, unclogging the injectors etc etc. Have the coop dump it in the tank and be done with it.

Latest posts