Help me price this tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

WalnutCrest

Reaction score
1967 Farmall 656 ... gas ... narrow front ... three point ... front and rear hydraulics work ... torque works ... all five gears work ... starts and runs like a champ ... tires nearly new ... bracket for suitcase weights ... comes with no attachments (other than my personal feelings of satisfaction and pleasure for a great number of days of jobs well done). Paint appears to be original and reflects (probably) having spent the majority of the last 50 years inside when not in use.

I bought it for 5300 almost two years ago when I was in a bit of a pinch (which was higher than I wanted to pay for any tractor (was hoping to stay under 5k), but still seemed fair at the time, especially given my need). I've seen similar on the internet priced for 3750 to 9500. I've been asking 6k expecting to get talked down a bit in hopes of getting my 5300 back.

So far, in the last three or four weeks, I've taken maybe 20 phone calls, no bites. Maybe I'm too high and nobody wants to offend with an offer (which is a silly idea to me) or everyone is a nosy, cheapskate tire kicker.

Thoughts on my price?

The value of it isn't as a working tractor, like what you bought it for, its value is for collections.. You need to find the RIGHT person who wants it.. I'm sure there's a Farmall group on facebook, I'd start by advertising it there

Son of Butch":2a4969h1 said:
A local dealer has an IH 656 wide front, gas, with nicer paint, 6600 hrs he's asking $4,900
so I'd say.... $4,500

Ok ... thanks for the local Intel.

Nesikep":2a4969h1 said:
The value of it isn't as a working tractor, like what you bought it for, its value is for collections.. You need to find the RIGHT person who wants it.. I'm sure there's a Farmall group on facebook, I'd start by advertising it there

Excellent idea!