Help identify tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

simcross

Reaction score
What was the model of ford tractor probably in the 70's tin work was differant than the 5000 and 8000 fords the ones i saw were narrow front ends they were either white or light creme colored. Never knew anyone that had one but just saw a few around. If I recall I don't think they were a very reliable tractor.

are you talking bout the 6000 ford selcto speed. there was 2 differant 6000s made.they was painted blue an white.yje frame is painted blue an the hood is white.i used to have 2 ford 6000s.an still have 1 of them.they are big heavy tractors.

Found what I was looking for 6000 Commander

c6000.jpg

comm6000.jpg

com6000.jpg

co6000.jpg

were the commander's ant differant from the other fords such as type of motor or transmission?

Those things went over like a lead balloon here. Just about every one I've seen here was a gas and select-o-speed - good luck finding parts.

cfpinz

cfpinz, I have a '65 3000 w/Selectospeed (not by choice) and just about all the friction discs in the transmission are Ford C6. I rebuilt my Selectospeed about thirty years ago and used bronze racing discs for a C6 and it's still holding up just fine. Don't know about the bigger tractors like the 6000 or 8000 though.

Latest posts