Heiferguy

Reaction score
what do you think of this heifer?

Tag47.jpg

she is an all abotu you out of a PB Maine
she is a march heifer

Jovid":wyi12nsh said:
I would like to see her a little longer in my opinion
longer where? if you get her body much longer it will make her lose the stuff she does have

Very nice!!I believe she is plenty long. Maybe some people might see her as shorter bodied because she has such a big hip. Personally, I think she is plenty long and very nice!

Moocow11":3bgnoyzo said:
Jovid":3bgnoyzo said:
longer where? if you get her body much longer it will make her lose the stuff she does have

You are looking at her as a "show" heifer. I am looking at her as a future cow that will raise calves. That is the problem when you show heifers. Most judges don't look at a heifer as a cow which is what they should be judging a heifer on. Most show heifers look like market show steers and won't be worth anything as a cow.

If I was looking for a future cow she needs to be longer.

Jovid":3efzuyk0 said:
Moocow11":3efzuyk0 said:
Jovid":3efzuyk0 said:

You are looking at her as a "show" heifer. I am looking at her as a future cow that will raise calves. That is the problem when you show heifers. Most judges don't look at a heifer as a cow which is what they should be judging a heifer on. Most show heifers look like market show steers and won't be worth anything as a cow.

If I was looking for a future cow she needs to be longer.

I agree 100%. In general, the American heifers I see posted here are overfed and over fat, with limited femininity and reproductive traits.

Btw, where did the picture go? I'm sure I saw it the other day, but I didnt have time to comment. Today all I see in a little box with a red 'X' in it.

Latest posts