Heat and cattle genetics:

Help Support CattleToday:

andybob":1b8t3trd said:
http://www.stockmangrassfarmer.net/cgi-bin/page.cgi?id=570

One of the reasons I like my Red Polls......Red hide, short hair, = more heat tolerant = better performing cattle.

Jogeephus":2dvrcjqa said:
That is a good article. Puts a little science to my observations and assumptions.

It sure does. (not that I know your observations or assumptions,I mean my own :D )

ANAZAZI":1gvkonss said:
Jogeephus":1gvkonss said:
That is a good article. Puts a little science to my observations and assumptions.

It sure does. (not that I know your observations or assumptions,I mean my own :D )

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I know what you mean. Just the other day I was looking at the amount of flies on the cows and noticed the brangus had very few. I thought this was kinda revealing. Of course if you've ever vaccinated brangus you'll agree its more expensive due to the number of needles that get dulled.

Jogeephus":1d49rsav said:
ANAZAZI":1d49rsav said:
Jogeephus":1d49rsav said:

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I know what you mean. Just the other day I was looking at the amount of flies on the cows and noticed the brangus had very few. I thought this was kinda revealing. Of course if you've ever vaccinated brangus you'll agree its more expensive due to the number of needles that get dulled.
We don;t have any Brahman influence but there are some cows that will have a lot of flies and others that have hardly any. Usually the calves of the flyless cows are the same way.

In hot, humid areas, Bonsma said you want an animal with light colored hair but a dark hide.

Wouldn't a British White fall into this category?

Latest posts