Heard a new one on snakebite treatment

Help Support CattleToday:

Dad had a lamb get bit by a rattle snake (this was in South Dakota). The lamb was down and didn't look good. His head was swelled up and he had labored breathing. He was bit in the back of the face/neck area. I don't remember exactly how we did it, but I know we tied into one of the outlets on the distributor of a 8 cylinder pick up and I thought we used an extension cord, but any insulated wire would probably work - not sure how we grounded it back. Maybe we used jumper cables. Started the truck on the remaining 7 cylinders. I know it shocked him, because you could hear it. Dad must have shocked that lamb for a good 5 minutes all around the area. Next day he was up, swelling was down. He survived the snake bit. Hard to say what would have happened without the electric shock therapy.

Hook - if you are going to do this to treat your bull, he will need to be restrained really well. :lol2:

Haha...the bull is well on his way to recovery and outing weight back on pretty fast. Probably 75-100 lbs already. BSE test in August. He's checking cows an acting like a bull should again.
I brought this up because it seemed to have some validity to it and ill file it in the back of my brain as a backup plan.

Thanks. I haven't seen him breed anyone yet but that doesn't mean much...in fact I'm sitting here watching him get a face full of vulva right now. One of them is getting ready to come in.

Bigfoot":69j04nf1 said:
Sheep are looking for a reason to die.
:lol: :lol: :lol: How true that is! Dad used to say there are two kinds of sheep - the ones that are dead and the ones that are looking for a reason to die.

bigbluegrass":210e2l94 said:
Bigfoot":210e2l94 said:
Sheep are looking for a reason to die.
:lol: :lol: :lol: How true that is! Dad used to say there are two kinds of sheep - the ones that are dead and the ones that are looking for a reason to die.

Good one. Enjoyed our visit. Keep in touch, my good friend!

Hook, shocking works good on spider bites also. Never tried a hotshot before but a stun gun gets the job done.

When I had my gun store the stun gun literature used to say it Might help in the case of pit viper bites. I still keep one at the farm for that reason. Never used it for that purpose but I have tried it on myself for a bet. REAL REAL STUPID..

Latest posts