Head Lamp for Winter Work ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Easy to make one. I use cheap halagon off road lights made of plastic. Attach to a hard hat and remove the outer lens run a wire with a on and off switch. Get 2- 6 volt rechargeable batteries.( the kind that go in game feeders. Not the ones with springs on top) run them in together to make 12 volts. The battery pack holder is easy to make also with 4" PVC with a wood block cut to the size. Of
the 2 batteries together. Boil some water and put your section on PVC in it to soften it up and insert the wood block in while its still in the water. I make mine a little longer so I can cut the 4 connects about a 1/2 " and use a heat gun to fold them in to keep the batteries in. Cut slots to insert belt or attach a back to it with slots.

Any brand that is over 100 lumens works well for me. I have one in every vehicle and use them daily. My cows do not recognize me in the daylight this time of year. Also, I like the 3 AAA battery system better that CR123 lithium or rechargeable systems. Much cheaper and you can always have extras on hand. I also like the type that has the battery compartment in the front built into the light better than the type with the batteries at the rear of the head band.

Go to ukcdogs website, find the vendor part on message board and there is every kind you could want. I have a LEMS light, nite pro is nice too! I cant even tell I have a head lamp on my head with my soft cap. I use it for coon hunting and farm work very nice! Around 150 if i remember correctly.

Heck, I remember when if you had a carbide lite on your head you had something. Filled up many out of creek water. gs

plumber_greg":2o19xw0u said:
Heck, I remember when if you had a carbide lite on your head you had something. Filled up many out of creek water. gs

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I still have a couple somewhere around here. Completely forgot about it that has been a long time.
I wonder if you can still get the carbide pellets for one.

plumber_greg":2bm2kzog said:
And if you didnt have creek water you had to pee in it. Sure made a funny smell when it burned. :cowboy:
Stocker Steve, I use a Cajun 21 volt to coon hunt with and it is also very good on the farm. I have one on a belt with a shoulder harness.

KT, I used to use a wheat lite. Adjustable lens for walking or spotting. The charger finally went bad, and I never replaced it. Does the belt you wear now weigh as much as the wheat batteries weighed? gs

Not as bad as the wheat light. Also they make the belt lights where the battery is just part of the belt not a box like mine. They are a little higher but much nicer.

Latest posts