Head Butt Injury

Help Support CattleToday:

Branguscowgirl. I know what the problem is. I ran out of wine two days ago and due to the sick heifer, I keep getting back to the shelter too late to restock. I am leaving for the liquor store right now. Be back soon. I think I might get one of those airflight size bottles of Makers Mark and drink on the way home. It is really odd, I have been drinking so long now that I have destroyed half of my brain cells but I still got enough left to go a few rounds with the likes of ....

I have not had this much fun since the night grandpa Mitchell was sitting in front of the woodburning stove and passed gas after a big meal of white beans, cornbread and rabbit guts. Plus, he had a bellow full of corn liquor. The gas ignited and blew the stove over. We all got to sleep in the hayloft that night with the coonhounds.

inyati13":36fw71t4 said:
Wrsangucowwoy. Shank you fot da hep. I teel muck bettta now. I wove eviyne. I am sooo dorry fo all da I taid.
I think someone better call your sister! :help:

I just pray for protection from Commercialfarmer. I know I have committed too many sins to enter the Kingdom, but that makes my life here even that much more precious. Branguscowgirl, will you please be available in case I need a nurse?

OK, I admit, I did not read most of the posts. I did want to share the outcome of a similar injury on a cow here a few years ago. She was lame, doc said it was a stifle injury. It was most likely caused by a cow hitting her in the leg, similar to how you described your cow. Stifle injuries don't heal. She was 6 months along, great producer of females. We wanted to take a chance on another heifer, so we penned her and fed her alone. She gave us one more great heifer. Thought we'd keep her long enough to wean the calf. We ended up selling her at 3 months post partum when she wanted with the bull and JUMPED the electric fence. We still don't know how she jumped with a stifle injury, but she cleared the fence.

Ouachita":2twfx4h0 said:
Chris H":2twfx4h0 said:
We still don't know how she jumped with a stifle injury, but she cleared the fence.
I think CF and INYTI have done quite well with same :clap: ;-) :lol2:
They are beginning to slow down. Please don't get them started again, or we will have to move them to a different section of the forum! Maybe we should have a :bs: section?? :D

inyati13":20jjkdqp said:
I just pray for protection from Commercialfarmer. I know I have committed too many sins to enter the Kingdom, but that makes my life here even that much more precious. Branguscowgirl, will you please be available in case I need a nurse?
I am not a flight Nurse. I think you are little too far away for me to be of much help.

Chris H":v1k2ejwa said:
OK, I admit, I did not read most of the posts. I did want to share the outcome of a similar injury on a cow here a few years ago. She was lame, doc said it was a stifle injury. It was most likely caused by a cow hitting her in the leg, similar to how you described your cow. Stifle injuries don't heal. She was 6 months along, great producer of females. We wanted to take a chance on another heifer, so we penned her and fed her alone. She gave us one more great heifer. Thought we'd keep her long enough to wean the calf. We ended up selling her at 3 months post partum when she wanted with the bull and JUMPED the electric fence. We still don't know how she jumped with a stifle injury, but she cleared the fence.
No, not stifle. No limp now.

branguscowgirl":2vmrre9b said:
I would like to wrap a big quote box around this whole thread and set ya all straight.......:nod: :D :lol2: but I just don't have that much free time on my hands! :compute:
Inyati, how is your heifer today?
Don't worry about it. You were probably the only ones that read the long drawn out posts anyway. :lol: :lol: I really did appreciate CF's post. Thought it was very good for someone that's supposedly "out of his league". Maybe soon we can get back to discussing cow manure, mastitis, afterbirth and abortions without having to have text books to follow along. ;-)

TexasBred":20r2jd3g said:
branguscowgirl":20r2jd3g said:
I would like to wrap a big quote box around this whole thread and set ya all straight.......:nod: :D :lol2: but I just don't have that much free time on my hands! :compute:
Inyati, how is your heifer today?
Don't worry about it. You were probably the only ones that read the long drawn out posts anyway. :lol: :lol: I really did appreciate CF's post. Thought it was very good for someone that's supposedly "out of his league". Maybe soon we can get back to discussing cow manure, mastitis, afterbirth and abortions without having to have text books to follow along. ;-)

Texasbred, I didn't read every post so I know there are very few who did. Maybe the moderators. :D I did scan each of CF's posts. In my opinion, CF and I are about equally culpable for this thread. If I had to stick with "discussing cow manure, mastitis, afterbirth and abortions", I would occupy myself somewhere else. I have some wonderful friends as a result of CT. Fire Sweep, TENN Tux, Anne, Ouachita, Branguscowgirl (green-eyes), chuckie, Knersie, Ken (wbvs58), Lucky_P, Jeanne White, robert groom, Cindy, chippie, jasonleoard, OS (simmental), Bigfoot, Banjo, Hughesfamilyfarm (Keith), dun, AllForage, Bigbluegrass, Vic, Hook, Barry (bse), cow pollinator, alisonb, Nesikep, Green Creek, oldtimer, Kenny Thomas, Greybeard, pdfangus, Skyhightree, tom4018 and many who I cannot remember. You too Texasbred. I have a particular bias for any Tenn/Kentucky member. I gathered from the beginning that my profile may not fit well. I have different values, objectives (I have cattle because I enjoy them, not as a business like most), and life experiences. I.E., AllForage was interesting to me and I know he was not popular and is now gone. I have received a few PMs over my time here that I am bucking a cultural clan and sooner or later, I'll go elsewhere too. I don't agree.

The vet said today what CF started his first post with: This is the vet talking; the hematoma organized, the body will readsorb it and it will remodel to the point it could only be identified by internal scaring and fiber build-up.

Latest posts