HD you have my sympathy

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
HD
awhile back we were talking about twine verses net wrap balers
well since you are still running a twine tie baler you have my sympathy because today I ran out of net
I thought I had an extra roll in the shop :dunce: well I didn't so I just put in a couple balls of twine and away I went
heck it seemed forever to tie a bale
I think I had enough time to get out take a Pee then run a couple laps around the baler( I don't run very fast I am a fat boy) get a bottle of water from the cooler and then get back in and drink it before it was time to kick the bale out :bang: :bang:
That last 120 bales took FOREVER

I now know why I don't use twine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Angus, you must pee a heck of a lot faster than I do. I sure can't beat my baler's dual twine tie time. :oops: :oops: :oops: Especially first thing in the morning after tanking up on coffee! :shock: :shock: :shock:

John SD":10pstuvx said:
Angus, you must pee a heck of a lot faster than I do. I sure can't beat my baler's dual twine tie time. :oops: :oops: :oops: Especially first thing in the morning after tanking up on coffee! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Maybe my flow ain't restricted by a small hose :lol: :lol: :lol:

in reality it just Seemed like it took forever when your used to 6 seconds to wrap and go

I actually did get off once and get a bottle of water from the wife who was raking and before I made it back to the tractor the buzzer went off

over 6000 bales thru this baler and yesterday was the first time it EVER had twine in it and hopefu;;y the last

I think when I got done the monitor said around 6200 bales and it hasn't made 2 full seasons yet would hate to think of alll them with twine

Angus Cowman":mavlof79 said:
over 6000 bales thru this baler and yesterday was the first time it EVER had twine in it and hopefu;;y the last

I think when I got done the monitor said around 6200 bales and it hasn't made 2 full seasons yet would hate to think of alll them with twine

that amount with twine would take you 3 seasons :D

robert":2baaatoc said:
Angus Cowman":2baaatoc said:

that amount with twine would take you 3 seasons :D
I have done it before but It sure makes my days alot longer when I am
plus to think of all the extra fuel I would of burned while sitting and waiting :lol:

Angus Cowman":3hq3zgx3 said:
HD
awhile back we were talking about twine verses net wrap balers
well since you are still running a twine tie baler you have my sympathy because today I ran out of net
I thought I had an extra roll in the shop :dunce: well I didn't so I just put in a couple balls of twine and away I went
heck it seemed forever to tie a bale
I think I had enough time to get out take a Pee then run a couple laps around the baler( I don't run very fast I am a fat boy) get a bottle of water from the cooler and then get back in and drink it before it was time to kick the bale out :bang: :bang:
That last 120 bales took FOREVER

I now know why I don't use twine :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol2: You should just think of it as multitasking . :p That is why we take the pup with us, so we can throw the Frisbee around while the bale is tying.. :banana:

If we keep getting bumper hay like this year a net wrap baler is definitely on the list of upgrades. :tiphat:

Glad you got all your hay put up AC. :D

hillsdown":1xhpqun7 said:
:lol: :lol2: You should just think of it as multitasking . :p That is why we take the pup with us, so we can throw the Frisbee around while the bale is tying.. :banana:

If we keep getting bumper hay like this year a net wrap baler is definitely on the list of upgrades. :tiphat:

Glad you got all your hay put up AC. :D
Suturday it was 102 so I was't getting out of the cab unless I had to :lol: :lol:

Hopefully I'm not done with all of mine this yr would like to cut atleats another 60 acrs or so
plus I am headed to Jed's next week to bale some Cornstalk bales for him don't know how many yet but probably between 500 and a 1000 maybe some of the folks in Tx could use some of them

HD that NET will spoil ya and you will cringe everytime you have to buy several rolls but it is worth it in the end

OK, I have a question for you wrap fans. I admit I have never used wrap or fed any bales with wrap on. I use sisal twine only and use it very sparingly. How much time and hassle is it to dispose of the wrap when you feed it? I've heard the stuff can be a bugger to get off.

When feeding my bales that are over a year old, I don't mess with the twine at all. It's pretty well gone and I've never had any trouble from in for either machine or animal.

New bales, yes I do remove the twine but I can't imaging wrap being very easy to remove on new or old bales, especially when froze in. My tractor cab is not that warm, but I sure don't want to get out of it any more often than I have to.

well my bales never get frozen as I store them in a barn
the few times I have had bales out and they get icy I usually just cut the wrap and hit them on the ground a time or two and the wrap comes off
for disposal I burn all mine
I never use sisal twine either all mine is poly and the twine is harder to get off of a frozen bale than the net

Buying hay I like the net wrap versus the twine. When I baled my own and for the neighbors always used sisal twine, never had to get off the tractor. The difference hay wasn't was getting moved two or three times before it went into the hay lot. Smartest thing I have done in a long time was selling all my hay equipment. Hay equipment is hard on the wallet and back.
Still haul a little hay for the neighbors as well as cattle to salebarn. That's enough equipment for me.
I have got seventy dollars a roll in fertilizer alone this year, hard to grow grass without water.

Caustic Burno":1rdrj03w said:
Buying hay I like the net wrap versus the twine. When I baled my own and for the neighbors always used sisal twine, never had to get off the tractor. The difference hay wasn't was getting moved two or three times before it went into the hay lot. Smartest thing I have done in a long time was selling all my hay equipment. Hay equipment is hard on the wallet and back.
Still haul a little hay for the neighbors as well as cattle to salebarn. That's enough equipment for me.
I have got seventy dollars a roll in fertilizer alone this year, hard to grow grass without water.
I've got over $2k in 15 acres and haven't got a thing to show for it....not even any grazing to speak of.

John SD":10t5iybt said:
OK, I have a question for you wrap fans. I admit I have never used wrap or fed any bales with wrap on. I use sisal twine only and use it very sparingly. How much time and hassle is it to dispose of the wrap when you feed it? I've heard the stuff can be a bugger to get off.

When feeding my bales that are over a year old, I don't mess with the twine at all. It's pretty well gone and I've never had any trouble from in for either machine or animal.

New bales, yes I do remove the twine but I can't imaging wrap being very easy to remove on new or old bales, especially when froze in. My tractor cab is not that warm, but I sure don't want to get out of it any more often than I have to.

I store outside and I'll take the net wrap any day over the twine. It's much faster and easier to remove the net wrap. When we get ice storms and the bale is frozen I do like AC and bounce it on the ground then roll it a time or two with the loader, comes right off.

Latest posts