haywrap bale wrapper

Help Support CattleToday:

Dean the hobby farmer":g3v543c3 said:
Find this piece of equipment called haywrap it wraps bales for baleage.Hooks on the 3pt hitch wrap bales and also unwraps bales,let me know if anyone has one and if they are good investment.Thanks Dean :D

Are you talking about this style bale wrapper?

991bfront.jpg

HAY%20EQUIPMENT%20HEADQUARTERSa-s.gif

Because of the equipment costs, around here there are a couple of guys that hire out to wrap baleage. One guy wraps, the other stuffs it into the long ag-bag type of deal. The only draw back to hiring it done is if there are a lot of farms wanting it wraped at the same time the hay may dry out to much to make baleage. We get around that by scheduling the wrapper then timing the cutting to coincide with when he's going to be here. That's the editorial "we" as it's done in conjunction with/for the dairy.

dun

Dean the hobby farmer,
I was at a dry hay and haylage demo about 20 years ago and saw one of these working. Wrapping with one of these style wrappers is a job and a dangerous one as well. They do work well as an unroller but not any better than a $600 Worksaver unroller. We rent wrappers and likely someone in your are does as well. If you are going to wrap dry hay, you would be better off to invest in a hay shed.
haywrap2.jpg

Checked out the hay wrap .com site, it says wrappers not currently being sold!

was at a dry hay and haylage demo about 20 years ago and saw one of these working. Wrapping with one of these style wrappers is a job and a dangerous one as well. They do work well as an unroller but not any better than a $600 Worksaver unroller. We rent wrappers and likely someone in your are does as well. If you are going to wrap dry hay, you would be better off to invest in a hay shed.

Dun, just curious, what does it cost to have a bale wrapped in your area? Last year we paid $13 to have a 4x5 baled and wrapped. I'm sure it cost more this year. You are right the problem is getting the custom operator there when the hay is ready. It can be a complete dissaster. Also its funny how those 4x5 bales become 4x4 after a couple of rounds.

rkm":3idcjloh said:
Dun, just curious, what does it cost to have a bale wrapped in your area? Last year we paid $13 to have a 4x5 baled and wrapped. I'm sure it cost more this year. You are right the problem is getting the custom operator there when the hay is ready. It can be a complete dissaster. Also its funny how those 4x5 bales become 4x4 after a couple of rounds.

Don;t know. The hay was so bad this year (rained on and funky) that no one that I know is wrapping it. They're just feeding it as is. Most of the dairys pastures have already played out from lack of rain so thats all that's left to feed. The dairys are the only ones around here that do baleage.

dun

We bought a silage special baler and now the guy that was bagging in this area has quit talk about being up crap creek!
Guess were gonna wrap 'em with saran wrap, had planned on wrapping second cutting.

rkm":2cmbrdq6 said:

I tell you what i charge to wrap.
Not individual wrapping. Inline wrapping
Bales 4 X 4
If you get 200 and more $4.75
100-199 $5.00
1-99 I am not interested. cost too much to move and install the machine for 1 1/2 hours work.

Latest posts