Hay unroller

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Looking to find a deal on a 3 point hay unroller. Not the spinning type I dont think. Ground driven.

Are they worth spending money on? Would be nice to unroll on something that isn't a hill.

Anyone in east tn area got a line on one? Would drove an hour or two.

Seems like they are hard to find around here. Been looking for two years. Every time I find one they are already sold. Seem to me they would be great

I'm working on building a hay unroller right now. None were available in my area and I can build one for about 1/4 the price they are asking online.

Not sure if this will work for you but I used to put out hay with a Tumblebug hay buggy. I took a piece of 3/4" round stock that is approximately 6" longer than the bale width and sharpened a point on one end. Then drilled a small hole about 1" from the pointed end. I then welded an old trailer hitch ball on the opposite end. Took two lengths of chain and welded a flat washer with a 7/8"+ hole to one end. Slide one washer over the rod, then push the rod through the bale. Slide the other washer on the opposite end and put a clip through the rod to hold the washer on. I put hooks on the opposite end of the chains and hooked them to my buggy. Cut the net wrap and drive. Rolls out good. But it was thick and wide and they wasted a fair amount. So I bought a DewEze Super Slicer. I still use the rod and buggy at times.

Just splurge on yourself and buy a good one. They will last the rest of your life. Or better yet, tell the wife this is what you want for Christmas. You only live once.

https://www.everythingattachments.com/4-or-5-foot-WIde-Round-Hay-Bale-Unroller-p/ea-hbu-4-5w.htm

bird dog said:
Just splurge on yourself and buy a good one. They will last the rest of your life. Or better yet, tell the wife this is what you want for Christmas. You only live once.

https://www.everythingattachments.com/4-or-5-foot-WIde-Round-Hay-Bale-Unroller-p/ea-hbu-4-5w.htm

That is the one I have and it is very well made.

Bought a frame a few years ago at auction for 35bucks, 200 in cylinder an hoses. I know that doesn;t help, but I would build one before I would buy

snoopdog said:
Bought a frame a few years ago at auction for 35bucks, 200 in cylinder an hoses. I know that doesn;t help, but I would build one before I would buy

I've been looking for a video on building a ground driven one and can't find a good one. I think I could do it without plans or a video but I'd like to have someone else's experiences of what worked well and what didn't before I waste $ on tubing.

I got started on mine yesterday. Hopefully finish it up and start painting next weekend.

eKV7IRB.jpg

I thought about that fence. I just wanna have the ability to use a ATV or UTV so when it's wet I don't leave ruts knee deep.

The one I am building is very similar to the Greg Judy design. My pastures are 1/4 mile apart so towing it up the road will be handy. And save expensive tractor tires.

Got mine finished and painted. Anxious to see how much improvement this makes on my pasture.

ja4w3kC.jpg

That looks really good buddy. I think we are going to get a new one here in the next couple months. Theyre not all that expensive.

I have got to learn how to weld and use a torch. Your contraption looks very professional.

Do the unrollers work on soft core bales very well?

Latest posts