Hay Tedders

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA

Reaction score
My 1989 model 158 NH 13 foot tedder is having problems.Lost a bearing and now find the teeth on the input shaft are badly worn and chipped.If I can't get the gear built up,I'm looking at about 10 days until I can get anew shaft and rolling.
Dealer has an H and S (Sitrex) 17' hydraulic fold for $5,600.Another dealer has an 18' Krone for 6,500.00 used.I don't make over 100 acres of hay per year but I like things which last.Sitrex looks a little light(@1000#)Krone @1300+ and Pequea 1400.Like the looks of Vermeer but don't know if I can get one (or Pequea,for that matter).

Anyone know about a Sitrex? I can probably get a Kuhn or Frontier close by ( for me),also.
Your thoughts and advice are welcome.

Jw wish I could help you but I rarely Ted and have just a 2 basket tedder its so hot here if I cut early enough I could bale the next day really.

Thanks,we get a lot of rainy weather here in may and early June each year.Tedding is almost a must.By the time it gets hot and dry our cool season grasses are far too ripe.

I have one and I also think they are build cheaply. I hay around 100 acres of hay usaly get three cutting and usaly have to tedder it all. Me and my dad joke that it's a self distruction machion.
I would go with the used krone

I wold go with the 18 footer just because that extra foot means a helluva lot when tedding and time is short.

I would spend the extra $900 depending on how used I guess. It should be worth it in the long run and when you sell it. The sitrex should get the job done tho. Kinda looks like the New Idea we used to have. We have a Kuhn and love but there around $8000 new.

I have been wanting to upgrade tedders and been looking.

Looked at one that is supposed to be made by Sitrex for $5500. Wish it had the hydraulics to level it up so when going from field to field you would not have to adjust it. Saw a 2 year old Kuhn advertised for the same price I thought about looking at.

Friend has a Sitrex and says it has served him well, and it is several years old and eh bought used.

I had a Sitrex rake not a tedder. Best thing I did was get rid of it. Bought a Kuhn rake, works great. IMHO everything Sitrex makes looks cheap.

Thanks to all.Was able to get an input shaft from a Kuhn dealer.Will be here tomorrow.Hopefully we'll be ready to go by Saturday.Weather calls for clear next week.

Latest posts