Hay storage BUildings

Help Support CattleToday:

I looked into those metal buildings. I was thinking about replacing the 40YO barn and rebuilding my hay storage barn. I thought maybe I could get a deal on the two. After getting quotes (very high even if you do it yourself) I decided the barn would have to wait and I tore down the old hay barn and built a pole barn with tin roof. It is not really great but the roof don't leak. I just put in a main beam and then ran 16 foot 2x4's off to each side. I used the old tin on two side to keep rain out or most of it. I wish I had ordered the heavier metal roofing but just used the local home owner suppliers for tin. I did screw the tin down rather than nail. 32x~80.

Herefordcross":1m54s4vu said:
Considering another 30x60, pole barn for hay storage but, stuff is so high now, materials.

Hey, I think I read a extension bulletin some where that was done in West Virginia and they said tarping round bales was more cost effective then building a shed. I tarp mine so I guess I should not comment beyond that.

Ray

Our horse barn is a prefab barn from Tomlinson Buildings in Rapid City, SD. I was unable to get a price, but the barn has been up for at least 5 years so our price would probably not be valid today, anyway. Sorry for the delay, and I hope this helps.

Latest posts