Hay savers/feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

ccallender

Reaction score
We are in the market for hay feeders, that conserve the hay. What types or brands have worked on your ranch? They can be costly so I want to make sure we get some that we wont be dissapointed with.
Thanks for the input. :D

Bought some of the 8ft light duty types a few years ago and I wouldn't recommend them. Get the heavy duty. I unroll hay now.

Studies have been done that claim the cone type feeders are the best at conserving hay.

We purchased about six J and L Haysavers many years ago and just love them. They are cone feeders and I do believe they reduce waste. Ours does not have a floor and doesn't sit on skids as the new ones do. See standard at http://www.jlhaysavers.com/our-products.html

When we purchased them we did an entire tractor trailer load with another farmer and they cost us $650 as I recall , now I see they are $1000. Heavy at 1200 lb, plate steel rim around bottom and we have had no welds come loose when we move with the front loader's plate fork. Extremely durable.

Billy

I have a J & L haysaver about 8 years now ( it is a cone type ) it is also very heavy and has been good for us . I picked it up in western Pa. where they are made . At that time they were built by amishmen.

I've gotten several feeders from weldyenterprises.com and have been really pleased wi them. They'rein indiana I think

Latest posts