Hay Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching":3fo3xv13 said:
A lot better up here then last year. I'm getting some very nice mixed 50% alfalfa brought in for $80 ton.
What about other parts of the country?
And a 14% mix for calves at $180 per ton.
grass hay $120 per ton average some going for $140
Alfalfa hay 18% $ 185 per ton Alf/Grass mix 16% CP $160

Here bermuda is 20-25 a round bale but don't know the weights. Some net wrapped in the barn, some is weathered, don't know what freight is were on the east side of AR a few miles from I-40 if any one needs hay send me a PM or email and i will give my phone # and get you in contact with the people selling. I hope this isn't against any rules of CT I'm not selling just trying to help [email protected]

TheBullLady":2in2efz9 said:
We're about 30 days out of being out of round bales. Have about 25 or 30 big squares of alfalfa in the barn we'll use up too.. but after that who knows. I see hay advertised for $35 for crap hay to $55 to $60 for good coastal, but the people I've been talking to say it's going fast!
get you a counrtyworld theres plenty of hay in it for sale.i know 1 guy that has about 10.000sq bales of fert coastal hay.plus 4000 rolls of other hay.as well as maybe some alalfa in the big sq bales.

Seen some very nice grass hay average about $135 a ton at hay auctions. However, there have been some instances where hay went plenty cheap. Some 4th cutting alfalfa that was VERY green and VERY leafy barely sold for $100 a ton.

Latest posts