Hay prices

Help Support CattleToday:

jfont

Reaction score
How much are yall paying for small round bales of bermuda hay ? Guy by the house is baling some, grass looks pretty good, but I know it wasn't fertilized. He's asking $30 per bale picked up in the field.

im supposed to have some non fert hay sold for $32 a bale.but its a 5 by 6 1300lb bale.i wouldnt give more than $20 or $22 a bale for the small rolls but thats me.

If the hay was fertilized and put up into a round bale at 12-18% moisture, the dead cost per bale would approach $30 each. Fuel, fertilizer, time and machinery wear with normal rain fall would mean a good grass hay 5x4 bale should sell for a minimum of $40 or the producer lost money.

ironpeddler":3pxpr74q said:
If the hay was fertilized and put up into a round bale at 12-18% moisture, the dead cost per bale would approach $30 each. Fuel, fertilizer, time and machinery wear with normal rain fall would mean a good grass hay 5x4 bale should sell for a minimum of $40 or the producer lost money.
Probable not much fertilizer, but the rest being true, I figure it's a fair price. Going pick some up today when I wake up. Thank yall for the input.

The only 4x5 hay I would sell for $30.00 is some of my old junk hay. You really need to get it checked before you go spending a lot of money on this.

Latest posts