Hay Machinery Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

What brand(s) of hay machinery do you have.

• New Holland

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • John Deere

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Vermeer

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Hesston

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • New Idea

• Vicon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Krone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Older brands like AC Oliver Ford etc

• More than one brand

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the input on the Drum Mower. I'm seriously considering it now. Of course it'll be for next year as I don't have anything to mow now (drought) but you have to be optimistic. It'll rain here again.

fitz":2vsr3mly said:
Thanks for the input on the Drum Mower. I'm seriously considering it now. Of course it'll be for next year as I don't have anything to mow now (drought) but you have to be optimistic. It'll rain here again.

Hope it works for you better then it did for us. After 4 years we scrapped it. Belts and bearings every season, only one dealer and he claimed he couldn;t get parts reliably

Hope it works for you better then it did for us. After 4 years we scrapped it. Belts and bearings every season, only one dealer and he claimed he couldn;t get parts reliably

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for, input and opinions. I'm not familiar with a drum mower and no one around here seems to know much about them.

fitz":2y3bnjdi said:

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for, input and opinions. I'm not familiar with a drum mower and no one around here seems to know much about them.

When it worked it sure cut a lot of hay easily. It was replaced by a italian disc mower.Only problem with it was when a hired hand tried to mow several T-Posts and a telephone pole.

dun":b040ujti said:
fitz":b040ujti said:

When it worked it sure cut a lot of hay easily. It was replaced by a italian disc mower.Only problem with it was when a hired hand tried to mow several T-Posts and a telephone pole.

When you folks talk about a drum mower are you talking about something like a PZ? If so, I used one of those for many years and retired it a couple of years back. Darned good cutting mower but like Dun said, it had to be repaired at least once a year. Bearings, blade adapters, vertical shafts, skid pans and about all I could get out of a set of blades (one side) was ten acres or so. Ironpeddler sells a knock off PZ if that's what your interested in.

Latest posts