hay feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

Wonder how easy it is to move. If you cant move it easily, mud will be a problem. We feed a lot of dalis grass so we wouldnt use it because the seeds would pile up in the bottom of it. I would think that if you have a few cows, putting out a bale ever so often this would be a waste. Maybe if you had to go a long way and didnt like to feed very often this might would work. We never have a problem with waste so seems like it would be a waste of resources for us. I could see using this right off the hay lot, that way you dont have to get gates, just shove them in right out of the lot..

TennesseeTuxedo":368jfmth said:
I watched the video and see some pros and cons. I guess this system could work in the right situation but I don't think it would be ideal for most.

Same here not on this farm. I mean I understand what they are trying to say but I saw hay being lost on the side of that feeder as well so no different than a ring feeder. I noticed they said it saves you fuel... How? It has to be loaded anyway with a piece of equipment same equipment you would load a ring feeder with same number of bales so I don't really see where you would be saving or improving anything. :2cents:

Personally I don't see how it saves time or money. You have to buy the unit that's probably going to cost more then a round ring and you still have to get out and open the gate to it, the way the video showed. I wouldn't buy it but I could see something like this being handy for some. There is an older gentleman that's fairly close by that has a hard time getting around. He enjoys his cattle and wants to hay then his self. He has several spots where he has this such looking feeder sitting in his fence line so once he is in the tractor he doesn't have to get out to feed the bale.

Latest posts