Hay beds

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms

Reaction score
I think i have a pretty good idea of what you all are going to say but i thought i sould ask. I have a scuffed fender on my dually and i have been thinking as many diffrent places as i have cows i might just rather have a haybed than to fix my fender. It would be on a 2007 dodge. I am just wondering about what bed is most liked and what everone has to say about what they have. Thanks.

406263916c93d28a730856bf19ae60da.jpg

Love it.

Are they really worth more that a deweze, and what do you like better about it. They are the second most common around here, but was one i have been looking at.

denvermartinfarms":orx67fex said:
Are they really worth more that a deweze, and what do you like better about it. They are the second most common around here, but was one i have been looking at.
I have never owned a deweze. Deweze are more expensive around here by 1500. If I remember correctly AngusCowman has owned both and he could tell you the differences. I do know that Deweze works on a slide instead of a pinch. Deweze has a hand held remote where the Hydra is mounted under the dash.

The hydrabed has been atleast 500 more when i have checked. I know people that have each one and they all like what they have, i just wanted some more thoughts from you guys. What kind of pump does yours have?

Both of my hay beds are spike beds. Sometimes I wish I had spent the extra to get an arm bed so I could haul 2 bales at a time. All my hay lots are long and narrow and I was afraid I would not be able to get sideways to the bale to pick it up without decreasing the number of bales I could stack in the lot. I am spread out over several lease places not all in the same area. To me a bale bed was the best money I ever spent. I have a Bramco and a J&I. The Bramco is better built and handier, the J & I was about $1000 cheaper. They both do the job.

denvermartinfarms":1s0cok5s said:
The hydrabed has been atleast 500 more when i have checked. I know people that have each one and they all like what they have, i just wanted some more thoughts from you guys. What kind of pump does yours have?
Engine driven hydrolic

Isomade":1k683ir9 said:
denvermartinfarms":1k683ir9 said:
Engine driven hydrolic
I hear that is only way to go.

Gunner":1ug11635 said:
Both of my hay beds are spike beds. Sometimes I wish I had spent the extra to get an arm bed so I could haul 2 bales at a time. All my hay lots are long and narrow and I was afraid I would not be able to get sideways to the bale to pick it up without decreasing the number of bales I could stack in the lot. I am spread out over several lease places not all in the same area. To me a bale bed was the best money I ever spent. I have a Bramco and a J&I. The Bramco is better built and handier, the J & I was about $1000 cheaper. They both do the job.
Thank's, i am really only looking at arm beds now, but i have looked at both of what you have and that's what i would get if i wasn't wanting a arm bed.

Red Bull Breeder":3kibul0p said:
Both beds work. The Deweze is one tough bed. Hydra beds are lighter.

I keep hearing that from different folks, but I wonder how much experience they have with the different mfg's. I've got a DewEze and a Hydrabed, have torn the DewEze up a couple of times but have yet to hurt the Hydrabed. I don't care to ever own another DewEze, the Hydrabeds are faster and more user-friendly in my opinion.

Red Bull Breeder":2oc64wy1 said:
Thank's, I have drove other people's trucks with both and i thought the deweze felt heavier.

denvermartinfarms":2tne39ml said:
Red Bull Breeder":2tne39ml said:
Thank's, I have drove other people's trucks with both and i thought the deweze felt heavier.

They are. I got one on my 1 ton dually diesel. Love it

I have a cannonball and two deweze slide ins 265's the cannonball works great but the slide ins are giving me some trouble im wanting to up grade to engine hydraulics and need to know where i can get the best price on solinoid cartridge valves for 2 double acting cylinders or cable controls like on the hydrabed any ideas as to where and what to buy?

If I was buying another new bed it would either be the cannonball or the hydrabed the one advantage the hydrabed has over the cannonball is the engine pump
I have had both engine driven and electric pumps the engine pump is faster but it doesn't have anymore power that I have noticed
the advantage of the cannonball is that it is a dump bed also
with both beds you can haul 3 bales at a time if you know how to do it
I have owned deweze beds and hydrabeds and have used a cannonball that a buddy of mine had
I doubt that I would buy another deweze if I was buying new

Thank's, what did you not like about the deweze or just like more about the others? I think i could probably get by without the engine pump.

J & I is making armbed now. The one I looked seemed like it was build good. And for $5000 for a new SRW they seemed like a good buy.

Angus Cowman":2pomezm4 said:
with both beds you can haul 3 bales at a time if you know how to do it

I've gotten (4) 5x4's on mine a time or two, but it wasn't purty.

denvermartinfarms":2w9g2wyp said:
Thank's, what did you not like about the deweze or just like more about the others? I think i could probably get by without the engine pump.

I don't like the way the arms slide in and out of the boxed tubes, they develop a lot of slop there. Plus the arms are not synchronized, a royal pain for shifting rolls or trying to wedge up between tight rowed hay.

Their biggest flaw in my experience is that the DewEze beds don't float over the ground, when you go through a dip it puts way too much force down on the bale/spinners to the point it wants to pick up the ass end of your truck. This in turn torques the outer square channel the arms slide in and out of to the point that it destroys it, last one I trashed was $550 for the tube, plus all of the incidental crap I tore up.

Both companies have excellent customer service, but my money is going to Sabetha from now on.

I am with Pinz on the way the arms slide in and out on the Dew eze
as far as the arms not floatting I never had that problem you just had to turn the pump off and hold the button down and my dew eze arms floated

a new deweze will last the average person yrs and most would never have any problems out of them both deweze beds I have owned are still running today just not by me the main thing is keep them greased
on the engine and electric pumps I always cycled the beds up and down and in and out as I was driving to load the first bale to warm the fluid up
on the engine pump you need to make sure you don't forget and leave it running when you get thru as it can burn the pump up
I had my pump switch mounted on the dash instead of on the dew eze cord so it didn't get sat on and turned on

Latest posts