Hay balers, what do they cost in the States?

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
I´m talking about your average small square bale makers. What´s a good unit to buy and how much would I spend in US $$$$?

There´s a model out of Brazil that´s very popular here. Costs a bit less than $10K here locally, new. I´m leaning towards buying a couple of them because I worked with them this year and they seem pretty darned reliable. Also, there are a number of local "operators" who are familiar with the function of the machines and their repair. I also suspect spare parts will be much easier to find.

If a good baler costs only a song in the US, I might be able to justify the cost of buying there and importing here though I doubt the positives will outweigh the negatives.

Your help is appreciated.

most new square balers cost $16,000 more or less new.they are getting as high priced as the new round balers.

bigbull338":2x91fxvu said:
most new square balers cost $16,000 more or less new.they are getting as high priced as the new round balers.

Yikes! I had no idea. I´ve priced a round baler as well and it´s a bit over $14K.

yes te sq balers are as high as the cheap econo round balers.then you add the grapple an accum to the sq baler an your at the price of a high end rd baler.

Latest posts