have you ever seen this before?

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
i was talking to this old timer today and he was describing this thing that makes grass grow. he said it is clear and falls from the sky. it makes you wet and makes grass grow.I haven't seen any so I was wondering if this mysterious rain creature is real or a hoax.

It's fabled in myth and lore around here but I've yet to meet anybody who can honestly recollect seeing it first hand. Bushes are chasing dogs around. Pups are falling in the cracks.

Craig-TX

It's all out on the West Coast this year. Seems like feast or famine. Last week before the storms of the last few days, Lake Shasta was at 98% and they couldn't get water out fast enough to handle the next storm. Same thing down in Southern California, they have about a 10 year drought, and then so much rain the ground can't handle it all.

it is very real i assure you. heres some methods of luring it:

1) get some crops that are ready to be harvested
2) pave yourself a parking lot. if you pave it, rain will come.
3) go to the beach or plan a fishing trip
4) wait until its wintertime

Beefy,
How true.

Reminds me of the darn telephone..if you go to the bathroom it rings....if you lay down on the couch to take a nap the door bell will ring. What is one to do! :(

Got plenty up here...up to our hocks in the stuff. Hope it continues this summer to make up for the lack of the white stuff this winter....The hay growers have sighed some relief this spring...getting worried for awhile.

Beefy":2s4fw372 said:

It has been my experience that #1 works very well, unfortunately the alfalfa won't be ready til the 4th of June and we could very well blow away by then. We did #2 yesterday and it didn't work. Mother Nature is being especially difficult this year, I guess. Don't know about #3. By the time #4 gets here we will be in serious trouble, I'm thinking.

We can sure use some around Central LA. We need it bad..........

Beefy":2liyji3z said:

5) wash your vehicle

The neighbor who puts up almost 400 acres of hay has been at it since the first part of May, even during a few light snow squals, and plans to keep going at it till about the first week of June......Yikes!

Oh Msscamp, looks like I will be seeing you folks out there again this summer, when we get called for fire suppression with the US Forest Service.............rooms to rent? :cboy:

It's very real and lurking in Tennessee. Wish we could share some of it with you folks who need it. Grass so deep I can't find the calves. Not a bad thing though.

preston39":oyrhrli3 said:
Beefy,
How true.

Reminds me of the darn telephone..if you go to the bathroom it rings....if you lay down on the couch to take a nap the door bell will ring. What is one to do! :(
Take the phone with you and it wont dont answer the door they wil leave

Medic24":2hnv7m1h said:
The neighbor who puts up almost 400 acres of hay has been at it since the first part of May, even during a few light snow squals, and plans to keep going at it till about the first week of June......Yikes!

Oh Msscamp, looks like I will be seeing you folks out there again this summer, when we get called for fire suppression with the US Forest Service.............rooms to rent? :cboy:

Hopefully this summer won't be as bad for fires as some of the past ones have been. Not sure about the rooms. Have to check on that. :)

We finally got some of that mysterious stuff called rain last night. Much needed and wanted, maybe the grass will grow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i started cutting hay, putting up a playground like contraption for the 2 kids(don't try this let the people that sold it to you install it) and low and behold it rains. at least we are getting some MUCH NEEDED rain.

Latest posts