have you ever heard of this?? bull question

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this entire post is a crock. Bulls won't breed a cow unless she's cycling. It's dangerous to let more than one around a cycling cow. When a bull is breeding a cow, he's especially vulerable to being hurt by another bull.

This whole post reeks of a troll with a captial "T".

Consider the situation just from a reality point of view... how many experienced bulls WOULD mount and attempt to breed a cow that's not in heat?

And how many people that have enough cows to justify running 30 bulls would be stupid enough to put a bull in a situation where he may be injured?

Just noticed Frankie's post... good to see I'm not the only one that thinks someone's pulling our chain.

Yeah, whenever someone refers to a cow being bred as "rape", my antenna tends to go up.

OK -- this is a Labido test to test a bulls desire to breed cows thats it nothing more. This should not be confused with a Breeding soundness exam. To agree or disagree with the test is a personal call. The only time I have every actually heard of bulls tested for labido is if a bull is returned to a breeder as a non breeding bull and needs to be proven as a non breeder. Cull cows are stantioned to stand the exact same way as if in heat therfore the bulls will mount them same as breeding. Personally I don't agree withthe test but if a customer returned a high dollar bull that passed a BSE you bet his labido would get tested too.

well the term rape got to me but someone could have 30 bulls to put out with the cows. And you are right, a bull would not mount a cow not in heat, thought that was odd but did not really clue in. Just focused on the what does everyone do for breeding soundness.
I need to look more closely at the posts. :oops:

this is not a crook as the below quote points out the bulls will and did mount the cows because they didnt move away they couldnt!
i agree it is a completly stupid thing to do the bull and the cow as well as my husband where in a lot of danger i found it repolsive and cruel but the foreman assured me that it "had" to be done and there wasnt a better way i knew there had to be a better way and at the very least a hormone injection to bring the cows on heat!! i never knew a bse existied and im now even more disgusted at the cruelty and the fact i am married to someon who helped them do this.
as to the amount of bulls there are 30 bulls and 1500 head of breedning cattle on the property the bulls have been owned by them for a few years and have calfs on the ground but they still do this every year because they want to make sure the bull wants to mate a cow and wont corkscrew off it and they are to lousy to pay a vet!
if youd like to ask me whatever to make sure im not just trouble making go ahead i was simply trying to find out if there is EVER a reason to put a cow in a crush and force a bull onto it.

Cull cows are stantioned to stand the exact same way as if in heat therfore the bulls will mount them same as breeding. Personally I don't agree withthe test but if a customer returned a high dollar bull that passed a BSE you bet his labido would get tested too.
OK -- this is a Labido test to test a bulls desire to breed cows thats it nothing more. This should not be confused with a Breeding soundness exam. To agree or disagree with the test is a personal call. The only time I have every actually heard of bulls tested for labido is if a bull is returned to a breeder as a non breeding bull and needs to be proven as a non breeder. Cull cows are stantioned to stand the exact same way as if in heat therfore the bulls will mount them same as breeding. Personally I don't agree withthe test but if a customer returned a high dollar bull that passed a BSE you bet his labido would get tested too.

im sorry that because of my wording you all think im making something up but please explain to me how it is wrong? these cows didnt want the bulls they where scared as hell trying to fight out of the head crush and falling over and trying like anything to swing their hips away from the bulls as they where jumping!!!

they sure as hell werent in heat and standing still to be mounted!

rockridgecattle":2pw97cvr said:
a bull would not mount a cow not in heat

Explain that to the people that semen collect bulls. Either a cow, a steer or another bull is used as a mount animal. I'll gaurantee the steers and bulls aren;t in heat. Rarely are the cows in heat either.

Angie thanks for your opinion, not that it matters. That is what most frustrated women would adivize. My dog's opinion is that he should bark at the moon and chase cars, his opinion doesn't matter much either.

I don't think that you'll find people here that do this. I don't know what's going on in your area, but we treat our cows good in these parts...

Bulls will mount cows at any opportunity, cycling or not.

No, I can't imagine this situation. Moronic, doesn't make sense. if this event happened this way, somebodys got some problems.

No bull breeder, would really test, whether for libido, or ability to "penetrate a cow, and risk subjecting the bulls to injury and std's.....The guy is an idiot, sadist, or both.

and std's

Maybe you better not put your cows with the bulls after all they might get std
sheesh.gif

user1":1l68mgj2 said:
Angie thanks for your opinion, not that it matters. That is what most frustrated women would adivize. My dog's opinion is that he should bark at the moon and chase cars, his opinion doesn't matter much either.
Gosh ~ can't argue with you there loser1. I am thinking your experience with frustrated women is extensive. :nod: As far as opinions go ~ Your "opinions" contributed nothing constructive to this topic. They are immature at best, and call into question your mental stability. Of course, that is just my opinion......

Your "opinions" contributed nothing constructive to this topic
This has to be the most stupid topic I have seen on here. Of all the goings on in the cattle industry this wouldn't even register on the scale. In that vein I laughed at this topic, so sad that you are so frustrated that you couldn't pick up on what I was doing.
Calling cattle being raped is the most stupid thing one could say and it utterly disgusts me that someone would equate this happening to cows to rape. Women are raped, not cows and to compare the two trivilizes women who are raped. You all should be ashamed for equating the two.
Pathetic you who do this purely pathetic. ou owe women who are raped an apology for trying to equate the two

I wouldn't say this is a stupid topic but the whole thing is very strange, and I am definitely not familiar with it. AND yes cows and steers get " raped" by bulls ,notice how it is rape and not sexual assault which is the proper terminology for a human act....

I think the gang bang and bondage reference is offensive and not at all suitable for a forum that children have access to...But the fact that "Taz" went right along with your jesting leads me to believe that this post is just what Frankie and MM suggested...BS..or very misinterpreted..

Now you know what they say,,,Let sleeping dogs lie... 8)

dun":3bsd80ze said:
rockridgecattle":3bsd80ze said:
a bull would not mount a cow not in heat

Explain that to the people that semen collect bulls. Either a cow, a steer or another bull is used as a mount animal. I'll gaurantee the steers and bulls aren;t in heat. Rarely are the cows in heat either.

And stallions will mount a phantom (that doesn't look anything like a mare and certainly isn't in heat!)... when they've been trained to.

Now a normal, experienced bull that's used to running with a herd, presented with a cow that's not in heat... I'd be quite surprised if he attempted to breed her.

I'm still firmly convinced some vegan city-slicker animal-rights-activist has thrown out a net and we've all jumped into it.

milkmaid":1t763pz8 said:
I'm still firmly convinced some vegan city-slicker animal-rights-activist has thrown out a net and we've all jumped into it.

I do believe you've hit the nail right on the head, MM .......... :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts