Hash Brown Casserole

Help Support CattleToday:

iowa hawkeyes

Reaction score
This a forgiving recipe, one that has many variations depending on the cook and supplies at hand. I'm a search and find cook.

Hash Brown Casserole
1 bag of hash brown, whatever style you like
1 can cream soup- can use mushroom, celery, or chicken
2 cups of shredded cheese- cheddar, co-jack, mexican are all good
1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream
slightly cooked onions/garlic if you like that
salt and pepper to taste
can put bacon on top

mix all together and put in a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 45- 1 hour at 325-350* Easy as pie and always good.

iowa hawkeyes":9pv5ncjo said:
This a forgiving recipe, one that has many variations depending on the cook and supplies at hand. I'm a search and find cook.

Hash Brown Casserole
1 bag of hash brown, whatever style you like
1 can cream soup- can use mushroom, celery, or chicken
2 cups of shredded cheese- cheddar, co-jack, mexican are all good
1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream
slightly cooked onions/garlic if you like that
salt and pepper to taste
can put bacon on top

mix all together and put in a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 45- 1 hour at 325-350* Easy as pie and always good.

:D What's a can of put bacon????/ :oops: :lol2: Been having trouble reading lately. :lol2: Some things become funny or strange when the circuits between the eyes and brain get shorted out.

Does sound tasty. :nod:

I put in cream of chicken and put crushed corn flakes mixed with melted butter on top of the casserole.
It is a huge favorite at our branding.

I love this dish, but a little different. I use cream of chicken, no sour cream ( I don't like it), tater tots or hashbrowns work great, plenty of onions, but I add cut up, cooked, sausage links, or diced ham, or left over roast or steak cut up, or left over chicken... you get the idea... plenty of meat. I also add 4 to 6 eggs with the mix and make sure I add plenty of shredded cheese, then to the oven. When it is done I may even top my plate with a couple of over easy eggs and some buttered toast.

Geeze, now that I typed this out it sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen :D. But I have no doubt it will be eaten by me many more times.

Alan

Leave out the soup, mix in the bacon, and you've practically got the recipe for twice baked potatoes.

Latest posts