Yellow Squash casserole recipe needed

Help Support CattleToday:

Just_a_girl

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe that they've tried and really like? I'm looking for a recipe for mother's day dinner.

thank you :D

I just asked my wife for her's. It is delicious. Might want to warn your mom that she had better run backwards to keep from swallowing her tongue.

2 cups cooked squash.
(Put a cut up onion in the bottom of pot and cut up peeled squash (unless they are real young) and heat up the pot.
DO NOT ADD WATER.
Cook this and stir frequently to keep from sticking) Once done - mash it up.

Then add to mixture the following

3 Tbs butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1 cup milk
2 eggs slightly beaten

Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased casserole dish.

Top with 1 cup of crushed Ritz crackers mixed with 1 stick of butter.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes OR until topping is brown.

This is by far the best squash casserole I've ever had in my life. Not just saying that cause its HerSweetnesty's own recipe either. edit I'll actually eat it for breakfast too. :nod:

Jogeephus
Sounds good. Can't wait to try it.

Thank you, and thank your wife for me. :tiphat:

Jo's recipe is good, however another option is to use Ritz crackers if you want for it to be a little sweeter.

Either way, it will be good.

Dun - Squash is Good Eats!!!

Jogeephus":np16tayp said:
Let me know how she likes it and if I didn't type clearly let me know if you have any questions.

I will certainly will let you know.

Grannysoo,

thank you...will also be sure to try it that way too. :nod:

Jogeephus,

I made the casserole yesterday and it was great. We had steaks, Quail, baked potatoes, asparagus, and the squash casserole. My mother seemed to enjoy everything we had.....I think it was the second helping that gave it away. :lol: I couldn't find the saltines so had to go with Ritz....it did make it sweet like grannysoo, but still very good. I liked it very much :nod: and plan on making it again at the end of the month when my daughter comes home for a visit.

thank you! :tiphat:

Sounds like you had a wonderful meal. I'm glad you liked it. I'll tell Her Sweetnessty you liked it. It will make her day. :nod:

Latest posts