Happy Valentine's Day

Help Support CattleToday:

donnaIL

Reaction score
These are our heifers...first one's we've calved since we started...they are so nice to be around after years of bulls/steers

this is Star (looks like a heart or the state of TX on her head)
DSCF0499.JPG

this is jewel and star...posted pic earlier of her.
DSCF0500.JPG

they are limi/angus/herford crosses, born last May.

Happy Valentines Day! donna

p.s. yes i know that star has a little ringworm around her right eye:)

Oh, donna, who cares that she has a touch of ringworm (it'll go away)...she is gorgeous...and that heart on her forehead...it's dang near perfect. And jewel...what a beautiful girl she is. I love looking at these pictures. Thanks so much for sharing them.

Alice

Cowboy, All our other cows are black (one a dun) so red was refreshing... they got the black genes so who knows.

We named 'star' for the star of texas.. she has had personality since she was born (even tho her momma was a first calfer), im sure she will be the boss cow some day :D

john250":3gf5mf07 said:
donnaIL":3gf5mf07 said:
this is Star (looks like a heart or the state of TX on her head)

State of Texas on her head? More than anyone should have to bear. :lol:

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Alice

Donna...,

Breed Star to a good Angus bull and you will get a black body white black motley faced calf that is hard to beat.

We have several of her mix in our commercial herd and we get beautiful calves that bring top dollar.

donnaIL":3u12fa47 said:
... they got the black genes so who knows.

Actually each heifer has a pair of red genes. If a black gene were present that animal would be black.

cfpinz

cfpinz":16mfi9qt said:
donnaIL":16mfi9qt said:
... they got the black genes so who knows.

Actually each heifer has a pair of red genes. If a black gene were present that animal would be black.

cfpinz

Your right! I thought about that after I posted it...actually the bull was a black white face and both of the cow were black, one a herford/angus baldie (star's momma) and the other a black limo/angus cow. I kinda like the red ones...so I'll probably get all black calves this year.

Now thats a couple of nice heifers.
Thank you Joy...I was please with them too... our calving season will be late March - early May...who know what we will get this year, we have a small herd (only 5 cows, 1 preg heifer) but can't wait. donna

Latest posts