Happy Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?

Help Support CattleToday:

ctlbaron

Reaction score
I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and ask what you are most thankful for. Myself it would be; Jesus, health,family,freedom and the good food we are so blessed with. :)

Baron, You bout' summed it up. We sure can get in a hurry sometimes and forget the things we have been blessed with. I just have to add Friends, because, in the last few months, I've come to realize, I have some of the best.

Looks like youv'e got your priorities right Baron! I am also thankful for the great info and help available through this board. Thanks Macon and all who add to the discussions. Great people and a reminder that all is not going downhill in this country. It's foundation (you) is still solid. :nod:

myakka145":1h4fmfi2 said:
Looks like youv'e got your priorities right Baron! I am also thankful for the great info and help available through this board. Thanks Macon and all who add to the discussions. Great people and a reminder that all is not going downhill in this country. It's foundation (you) is still solid. :nod:
Good post Myakka, We sure do have some great people here.These boards can sometimes make the day go away, and let us have some fun at the same time we are helping people.

Cattlebarron summed it up pretty well. It's been a tough but rewarding year! Have my first grandbaby, son graduated high school and then Airforce Basic Training and will be headed to Alaska in January, cattle are fat and healthy after some challenges this past summer and the weatherman is calling for rain over the weekend. God is sooo Good! Happy Thanksgiving everyone and may God bless!

Over the past year or so I have had the privilage of meeting and becoming friends with a Marine who has been and will go back to Iraq, Dec. 1, and I am very thankful for people like that, that are willing to do what they are doing for us. Us meaning people they don't evevn know.

I also am very thankful for what I have. Not necessarily material things though. I learned after my friends death that you never know when and so you should live life to its fullest.

A quote I heard the other day. "You come into this life with nothing and you leave with nothing". Just something to think about I guess.

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll, :heart: stay safe. :D

In our fast paced world we often do forget to be thankful for all the little things. I'm most thankful to God, family and friends, and the opportunity to do what we love. For me, one of the best places to contemplate all this is out there in the pasture with the cows. Admirin a sunset, or sunrise, green grass (which we've not had a whole lot of, but thankful for that, that we do have) Thankful for the good neighbor that called and asked if we wanted his hay. "Can have it, if you'll cut and bale it" sure did help us out of a tight squeeze.
Hope each and every one of you have a wonderful, and safe Thanksgiving. Enjoy the good food, family, and friends.

We're having the family close this season and are thankful for the health ou our children and ourselves. We are thankful for being given the mental resources and ability to succeed in life. We are thankful for the peace of mind that our God has allowed us to be blessed with. I'm thankful for my wonderful bride who supports me through good times and kicks me where I need it when times, or me, slows down.
Yes, we are a thankfull family.....Dave Mc

We've already had our Thanksgiving north of the 49th, but I'll take the opportunity to say I'm so thankful for my friends and family. They've helped the wife and I out alot this fall with moving into my folks place. I did most of the reno's myself, but the in-laws and friends helped alot with the move.

And since the Mrs. had our 2nd boy in May, and keeps me and our whole place held together, I'd say she's number one for Thank You's.

PS - Thanks for all the laughs and wisdom to everyone on board here. Opinions vary, but in all reality, it's usually small-fries compared to the big picture. Have a great Thanksgiving y'all. ;-)

pretty much summed up by all the prievios posters except i am thankful for still being able to read the posts by all the great folk on this board!!! :D

ctlbaron":3lohuxpa said:
I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and ask what you are most thankful for. Myself it would be; Jesus, health,family,freedom and the good food we are so blessed with. :)

All I can say is, Amen.
;-)

Came across this prayer and it touched my heart. Thought I'd share.

A Cowboy's Prayer

Dear Lord,

This last year was rough on us cowboys
With calf prices bein' low.
And the drought, and the snow last winter
Didn't leave a lot to show

For a lot of really hard workin'.
There were times, I confess,
That I lay awake nights and wondered:
Lord, how do I get out of this mess.

But I turned it all over to you, Lord.
Put my trust in your capable hands.
And I thank you that you let us keep on
Makin' a living off of your lands.

I thank you for every morning
when the sun rose over the trees,
and spread light over the meadows.
And thanks for that cool summer breeze

That cooled sweatin' backs in the hay fields.
And thanks for new friends I made,
for the joy of seein' baby calves
curled up, asleep in the shade.

Thanks for these good friends and neighbors
and the love and the help that they give.
And I thank you Lord for these old cows
and the cowboy life they let me live.

And thank you Lord for my family,
my little girl and my wife.
And for the chance we have to raise a child
to live the kind of life

That most folks only dream of,
spending days outside,
Feedin', checkin', and sortin', and looking
where old cows hide.

So, Lord, on Thanksgiving,
as we take a break from our chores,
We thank you for this year's blessings,
and for what you have in store.

I was reading the Bible to my daughter yesterday and she pointed to this passage and asked me to read it. It really put things in the right perspective for me. Whether interpreted literally or metaphorically, I think it was something I knew, but needed a reminder. Thankful for all blessings that have been given this year.

The First Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the
Corinthians 3

Laborers Together with God

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apol'los, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apol'los watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are laborers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

A6gal":1m1amudh said:
Came across this prayer and it touched my heart. Thought I'd share.

A Cowboy's Prayer

Dear Lord,

This last year was rough on us cowboys
With calf prices bein' low.
And the drought, and the snow last winter
Didn't leave a lot to show

For a lot of really hard workin'.
There were times, I confess,
That I lay awake nights and wondered:
Lord, how do I get out of this mess.

But I turned it all over to you, Lord.
Put my trust in your capable hands.
And I thank you that you let us keep on
Makin' a living off of your lands.

I thank you for every morning
when the sun rose over the trees,
and spread light over the meadows.
And thanks for that cool summer breeze

That cooled sweatin' backs in the hay fields.
And thanks for new friends I made,
for the joy of seein' baby calves
curled up, asleep in the shade.

Thanks for these good friends and neighbors
and the love and the help that they give.
And I thank you Lord for these old cows
and the cowboy life they let me live.

And thank you Lord for my family,
my little girl and my wife.
And for the chance we have to raise a child
to live the kind of life

That most folks only dream of,
spending days outside,
Feedin', checkin', and sortin', and looking
where old cows hide.

So, Lord, on Thanksgiving,
as we take a break from our chores,