Hanging Hay Roller

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
I wish I had taken a picture. Adrian Craig lives a half mile from my farm. He is 69 but very fit. If you want to know about what he looks like go to Jogeephus's avatar. Has a 7th grade education. He told me he was the smart one, his brother never went to school a day in his life. He was raised across the river in SE Ohio. They are just as hillbilly as we are over here. But Adrian is intelligent. Except for my brother, he is one of the best metal guys I have met. (My brother when he worked :D , sold welding rods and did welding demonstrations so he is good). Adrian machines his own parts for his equipment. You can hardly see Adrians house. It looks like an old bone yard at a coal mine. A bone yard is littered with old non-serviceable equipment. Adrian has a telehandler. In fact, when my chute came in, Adrian brought it over to lift it into place. Adrian has two hay rollers. The one he rolls hay with and the one he gets parts off of. I went by his house on the way to the farm and right in front of his house is a full size hay roller suspended in mid air from a chain which is attached to the hook on the end of the telescoping arm of the telehandler. It is about 10 feet off the ground. It hung that way for about a week. Adrian stopped by to talk the other day and I laughed and ask why he was decorating his lawn with hay equipment ornaments.

He said, my roller broke and I was in a hurry. I lifted the parts roller and moved it over in front of the shop to get the parts off. Being in a hurry, I didn't have time to get it off the telehandler, but it had my truck blocked in the drive way so I just hoisted it up high enough to get my truck out and left it there until I had time to get it down. :lol:

Latest posts