Handgun Preferences

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime":19xdfejk said:
I like the nickel plated Colt .45 with pearl handles. Wish I had one.
You remember what Patton said about pearl handled guns?

"Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol."

dun":3u3la44f said:
ga. prime":3u3la44f said:

"Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol."

Wasn't he wearing two of them at the time????????????

3waycross":eyrqrsek said:
dun":eyrqrsek said:
ga. prime":eyrqrsek said:

Wasn't he wearing two of them at the time????????????

I think Pattons were "Ivory"............could be wrong,just my guess.
good luck

3waycross":20on9jzy said:
You're right Haymaker now that I think about it they were Ivory handled Colt 45's
Yes they were ivory. His comment about pearl handles was made when someone commented on his ivory handled 45 Colt Peacemaker

cfpinz":1rscppfq said:
I apologize for not sticking to the choices you've listed, but I'm not crazy about automatics either. My wife has a Ruger SP101 357 here at the house and she carries a S&W 642 38. She's of a moderate stature and the S&W fits her perfect, plus it's ultralight and the recoil is very manageable. I wasn't sure what she'd think of the double action only but she loves it. We bought two 642s at the same time, paid $450 each back in the spring.

cfpinz -- good to hear your wife likes the 38, I shot one of those this morning and really liked it. Thinking about getting one now that I have my CC permit.

milkmaid":1r3p1le7 said:
cfpinz":1r3p1le7 said:
I apologize for not sticking to the choices you've listed, but I'm not crazy about automatics either. My wife has a Ruger SP101 357 here at the house and she carries a S&W 642 38. She's of a moderate stature and the S&W fits her perfect, plus it's ultralight and the recoil is very manageable. I wasn't sure what she'd think of the double action only but she loves it. We bought two 642s at the same time, paid $450 each back in the spring.

cfpinz -- good to hear your wife likes the 38, I shot one of those this morning and really liked it. Thinking about getting one now that I have my CC permit.

I'd highly recommend the S&W 642, we love ours.

milkmaid":29p1rc7o said:
cfpinz":29p1rc7o said:

Uh oh, watch out, never know MM might be packing. :eek:

dun":2ijduy5c said:
3waycross":2ijduy5c said:
You're right Haymaker now that I think about it they were Ivory handled Colt 45's
Yes they were ivory. His comment about pearl handles was made when someone commented on his ivory handled 45 Colt Peacemaker
I change my favorite from pearl to ivory handled Colt .45. Thanks for getting me straight on that.

I didn;t have a problem with the trigger on my 642 but my wife couldn;t pull it to save her hide. Changed the springs and it lowered the pull by about half. Not sure if I'll be able to get it away from her now or if I'll need to get something for me to carry.

skyhightree1":2mgkik7b said:
I carry a glock 23 in .40caliber love it.

I carried a Model 19 in 9mm for years. In informal competition the little gun was undefeated against full frame competitors.
Simple , reliable and in 9mm it was totally manageable. The 40 is a better defensive calibre but I have no trigger time with a glock in that calibre.
Nothing not to love I'll bet.

AngusLimoX":1dw3mfjn said:
skyhightree1":1dw3mfjn said:
I carry a glock 23 in .40caliber love it.

I carried a Model 19 in 9mm for years. In informal competition the little gun was undefeated against full frame competitors.
Simple , reliable and in 9mm it was totally manageable. The 40 is a better defensive calibre but I have no trigger time with a glock in that calibre.
Nothing not to love I'll bet.

Yea,
I love that gun its so accurate.

Latest posts