hairy heel warts

Help Support CattleToday:

whitecattle1

Reaction score
what can i do for hairy heel warts, i get them up an put la300 on them an wrap their foot but this takes so long to do. is there a shot i could give them?

The usual treatment around here is packing the foot with owdered tetracyclene and wrapping as you did. One dairy tried a concoction that was squirted on the HHW at every milking for a month, don;t know how that ended up though.

Had one cow had a really huge area covered on a hind foot (rear pastern area); vet said ship her. I didn't like the way she was walking, nor how her feet were looking, so called out a local dairy farrier guy to see if he could at least make her comfortable until after weaning. He cut it out, covered it in a tetracycline powder/dish soap paste, and wrapped it. I was to take the wrap off in 5-7 days and put linkomycin on it once a day (LinxMedSP - Jeffers) for a week or so. Used one of those puffer type containers. This was over 3 years ago, hasn't come back, can't even tell she had one, no scar tissue, and her feet haven't needed trimming (wearing even). Cost: $30 plus LinxMed...