Gun Topic, Liberals beware! Favorite Guns!

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
What is your Favorite Gun? Current, Past or wish list?

Favotite revolver = Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag.
Sporting clay shooter = Browning 425
Birds = Browning 425 or Browning A5
Home protection = Old ithica 16 gauge pump short barrel

Wish list Winchester 94 Trapper 44 Mag
Added wish list (Cowboy13 reminded) me Ruger Mini 14

Pistol Ruger Vaquero 44
Rifle 1885 High Wall in 45-70 also like the 30-30 both 32" barrels
Shotgun Oh my Winchester Model 97, Model 12, Model 21, St Loius A-5, Remington Model 11 and many others all 12 gauge.
Home protection could be any of a long list Model 1911 on the night stand.

Pistol- Glock 40 Caliber
Rifle- Browning BAR 300/Pre 64' Winchester .270 Model 70
Shot Gun- Remington Model 11's / I collect them.

Caustic Burno":3h2lz4sq said:
Pistol Ruger Vaquero 44
Shotgun Oh my Winchester Model 97, Model 12, Model 21, St Loius A-5, Remington Model 11 and many others all 12 gauge.

Is the Remington Model 11 off of the A5 patten? I traded for a Remington that was an exact replica of the A5 when I was a teen, forgot what model it was did not have it long ended up trading it towards a 1100 shortly there after.

aplusmnt":205hngxw said:
Caustic Burno":205hngxw said:
Pistol Ruger Vaquero 44

Is the Remington Model 11 off of the A5 patten? I traded for a Remington that was an exact replica of the A5 when I was a teen, forgot what model it was did not have it long ended up trading it towards a 1100 shortly there after.

Other way around Browning started out as a designer and sold his pattens before going into biz for himself.

Winchester 97,12,21, 1885 Colt 1911, Remington Mod 11 all Browning pattens and many others.

PS bad trade that old Remington had an 8 chrome barrel you went the wrong way.

Crowderfarms":1roqo044 said:
Pistol- Glock 40 Caliber

I use to have a Glock Model 17, loved everything about the gun but due to my big and fat hands I had a couple times that the slide hit and pinched my hand by the thumb. I was afraid I would rely on it in a pinch and get a jam so traded it for a Sig 45. But it sure was a sweet gun.

Are the Remington 11's worth much now days?

Also any guns people think would be a good investment today?

I been wanting one of those Winchester 9410's (lever action 410) I have talked to many people about getting one and everyone acts like I am asking for the world. I am going to buy one first time I see one at a gun show or in a shop. I would like to have the Packer version, would be a great gun to Carry on mule for snakes

Crowderfarms":17ai738s said:
Pistol- Glock 40 Caliber

Allright Crowder sit down I have a Model 11 stamped made by UMC solid rib in 90% condition.

aplusmnt":1iij8ifl said:

I been wanting one of those Winchester 9410's (lever action 410) I have talked to many people about getting one and everyone acts like I am asking for the world. I am going to buy one first time I see one at a gun show or in a shop. I would like to have the Packer version, would be a great gun to Carry on mule for snakes

Now that model 11 was made by a craftsman and every piece hand fitted compared to that model 1100 which was stamped by a machine with lower quality materials you be the judge.
Investment any pre 64 Winchester Model 12 for sure.

Caustic Burno":1ef2xhly said:
aplusmnt":1ef2xhly said:

Now that model 11 was made by a craftsman and every piece hand fitted compared to that model 1100 which was stamped by a machine with lower quality materials you be the judge.
Investment any pre 64 Winchester Model 12 for sure.

Looks like a made a bad trade! I just sure did like the way that 1100 shot, young and stupid.

Also sold my first shotgun I ever owned a 20 gauge single shot (not sure make had camo looking metal) for like $50.00 bucks to my uncle to give my cousin. Offered him $500.00 for it other day since it was my first gun, but turns out it was his first gun also :( Sure want that gun back, not sure if he is attached to it or just going to play me for a sucker. Did some dumb things as a teen!

Surprisingly, The Model 11's Are not valued as I believe they should be.I've got 2 that were given to me by my Dad that were WW2 Riot Guns.18 1/2" Barrels. He bought them for 8.00 each when he left the Military. I've bought several around here for a 100-125.00. Decent ones with 30" barrels.

Most used gun I have is a Ruger 22/45 pistol with a 5.5 bull barrel in stainless. Takes care of about anything my cur either tree's or has cornered in "his" yard.

My primary CCW is a Smith 3913 I've had since around 1990, it was my BUG (back up gun) when I was a police officer.

Got a third generation Glock 17 that is a fun gun to shoot and I'd trust my life to it. Bought a couple 33 round magazines for it that really makes it a hoot but usually the 17+1 in the pipe is more than enough.

Varmint hunting, I use a Colt AR-15 (.223). Got 2 uppers for it. One short barrel (16 inch) with carry handle and peep sight and scope with lighted recticle, and long distance shooting I use a 20 inch H-Bar with the front sight post milled off, Hogue overmold hand guard, flat top receiver, 3-9 Variable power scope.

Bird hunting from quail to turkey, Benelli M-2 in Realtree HD camo with a 26 inch barrel. I put a 4 shot magazine extension tube on it and when it's not bird season I change the barrel to an 18.5 inch blued one off an M-1/Super 90 and it makes for one heck of a HD/tactical rig. Real close to what the Marines are using right now (Benelli M-4).

Anything bigger than a coyote I use a Remington 700, 30-06, BDL, DM, in stainless.

Got a few others I don't ever use including one "safe queen". It's a Belgium Browning Broadway Trap. Dad gave it to me, he's got more 25/25, 50/50, and even 100/100 patches than I can count he got using it but it's too pretty for me to use out here. Might take it to a trap range one of these days but otherwise she's fine in the safe.

J

Favorite revolver = Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag.
Favorite pistol = Kahr 9mm
Favorite hunting handgun = TC Contender 6.5x30 JDJ
Sporting clay shooter = Winchester 101 20 ga.
Birds = Ithaca SxS 20 ga.
Home protection = whatever I grab first

Wish list - got too many guns already (is that possible?)

Latest posts