Guess what my dog ate?

Help Support CattleToday:

idylglade1

Reaction score
Last nite our female puppy (7 months old) started gulping for air. I let her out thinking she was going to throw up. Off she ran to eat a whole bunch of grass. Brought her back in about a 1/2 hour later thinking she was over the episode. She continued to gasp and as she was gasping I noticed her stomach getting larger and larger, she was unable to get the air released. I tried sticking my finger down her throat, but no go, so I gave her a syringe full of mineral oil and called our large animal vet. She called back and said I should bring her up to her farm (she's my neighbor) and we will check her out. Just then my son hollered that Sadie (the puppy) vomited. So with the vet sill on the phone with me I went to check it out. the pile was about the size of 1/2 a plastic grocery bag! I couldn't believe her stomach could hold that much! The vet told me to dig in it and see what in entailed. Well seems to be sadie has been real bored, she ate a nyla bone about 4 inches long, a almost gone roll of duct tape chewed in half and swallowed, a nylon book cover off of my son's science book and a bunch of pieces of tennis ball! who would of thunk it? Needless to say the mutt is doing alot better today. I think with this cold spell she has been quite board around the house. We had been gone over the long weekend and my sorry be nice sister was watching the animals for us. I think that is the last time I :roll: ask her to do anything!

I hope your pup doesn't ingest stuff like that more than once a week or so.

my guess would have been your pet turtle. sounds like some kind of mineral deficiency. better supplement with lots of chew toys.

Way back when, after college, and my 1st job as an official Vet Tech, we had a 9 month old golden retriever come in, his owner said she THOUGHT he ate part of his leash. Well we X-Rayed him, and, sure enough, the metal snap was there, in his stomach...along with some other indistinguishable items. I prepped the dog for surgery, and the Doc cut him open. Inside, was the leash, (All but the 8 inches the owner HAD found)3 chewed up tennis balls, 4 rocks, each about 2-3 inches in diameter, half a baby diaper, a pair of women's underwear, half a bra, 2 cat toys, a hotwheels car, and a padlock.
Yes, we took pics.
The FUNNY part was, (Well, not to the owner!) It was not her bra or underwear!
(It gets better...)
Same dog was back 3 months later with ANOTHER leash, more tennis balls and rocks, and his "Dad". :shock:

redneckcowgirlmn":c78kjapx said:
Way back when, after college, and my 1st job as an official Vet Tech, we had a 9 month old golden retriever come in, his owner said she THOUGHT he ate part of his leash. Well we X-Rayed him, and, sure enough, the metal snap was there, in his stomach...along with some other indistinguishable items. I prepped the dog for surgery, and the Doc cut him open. Inside, was the leash, (All but the 8 inches the owner HAD found)3 chewed up tennis balls, 4 rocks, each about 2-3 inches in diameter, half a baby diaper, a pair of women's underwear, half a bra, 2 cat toys, a hotwheels car, and a padlock.
Yes, we took pics.
The FUNNY part was, (Well, not to the owner!) It was not her bra or underwear!
(It gets better...)

Same dog was back 3 months later with ANOTHER leash, more tennis balls and rocks, and his "Dad". :shock:

Oh boy! Now that's funny! :lol:

Alice

idylglade1":3fj2xtzo said:
Last nite our female puppy (7 months old) started gulping for air. I let her out thinking she was going to throw up. Off she ran to eat a whole bunch of grass. Brought her back in about a 1/2 hour later thinking she was over the episode. She continued to gasp and as she was gasping I noticed her stomach getting larger and larger, she was unable to get the air released. I tried sticking my finger down her throat, but no go, so I gave her a syringe full of mineral oil and called our large animal vet. She called back and said I should bring her up to her farm (she's my neighbor) and we will check her out. Just then my son hollered that Sadie (the puppy) vomited. So with the vet sill on the phone with me I went to check it out. the pile was about the size of 1/2 a plastic grocery bag! I couldn't believe her stomach could hold that much! The vet told me to dig in it and see what in entailed. Well seems to be sadie has been real bored, she ate a nyla bone about 4 inches long, a almost gone roll of duct tape chewed in half and swallowed, a nylon book cover off of my son's science book and a bunch of pieces of tennis ball! who would of thunk it? Needless to say the mutt is doing alot better today. I think with this cold spell she has been quite board around the house. We had been gone over the long weekend and my sorry be nice sister was watching the animals for us. I think that is the last time I :roll: ask her to do anything!
must be a lab. they are part goat eat are chew anything. a garden hose is like a 50 ft chew toy to em

:mad: had a bassett hound eat a live hamster and a
tampon. :shock: He lived to be 10 and died from bloat
( of course :x ) from eating who knows what!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are right on the money!
ALACOWMAN":232zyun3 said:
idylglade1":232zyun3 said:
must be a lab. they are part goat eat are chew anything. a garden hose is like a 50 ft chew toy to em

I had one of my wiener dogs, "Hawkeye", eat a box on crayons. He pooped rainbows for days... Yes, I had a wiener dog named Hawkeye.

I had two Lab's a black and Golden, and boy the things those two could eat, and the black one was like Houdini, could get in and out of everything, she could open the fridge and freezer and devour the contents, ate part of a mattress, a carpet and God above knows what else in her time. She died at the age of 14, the Golden one died at 10, she was not as bad, but would join in if the fridge was opened. one afternoon I came home from work to find them with stomaches as tight as drums, when I went in to the Garage they had gone through the contents of the freezer and eaten about 10lb of rump steak, the vet told me to mix some salt into warm water and pour it down them, I wouldn't like to say what came up. but they still carried on. but that's Lab's for you. now I only have my Cat's. Not to much trouble with them. :)

chrisy":89q833yf said:
I had two Lab's a black and Golden, and boy the things those two could eat, and the black one was like Houdini, could get in and out of everything, she could open the fridge and freezer and devour the contents, ate part of a mattress, a carpet and God above knows what else in her time. She died at the age of 14, the Golden one died at 10, she was not as bad, but would join in if the fridge was opened. one afternoon I came home from work to find them with stomaches as tight as drums, when I went in to the Garage they had gone through the contents of the freezer and eaten about 10lb of rump steak, the vet told me to mix some salt into warm water and pour it down them, I wouldn't like to say what came up. but they still carried on. but that's Lab's for you. now I only have my Cat's. Not to much trouble with them. :)

No nasty hairballs? One, of many reasons, I don't have cats...nasty hairballs...

Alice

Alice":2xl9lga5 said:
chrisy":2xl9lga5 said:

No nasty hairballs? One, of many reasons, I don't have cats...nasty hairballs...

Alice

I very rarely see any, they seem to go outside to dispose of them.

the things that labs do. I have 2 molly is 2 and bear is 1. Molly gets into everything and bear is so good, hes the type that doesn't want you mad at him. molly on the other hand just will not learn the word no. she got in the dog food and ate to her heart content, little did she know that she would be paying for it, she was so sick. so i went out and bought a storage container for the dog food, she desided that chewing the lid off works. so i put a mouse trap on the lid the sound scard her so much she hasn't done it since, but she will check it out to see if the trap is on there.

scoot129":1fn6ifuu said:
the things that labs do. I have 2 molly is 2 and bear is 1. Molly gets into everything and bear is so good, hes the type that doesn't want you mad at him. molly on the other hand just will not learn the word no. she got in the dog food and ate to her heart content, little did she know that she would be paying for it, she was so sick. so i went out and bought a storage container for the dog food, she desided that chewing the lid off works. so i put a mouse trap on the lid the sound scard her so much she hasn't done it since, but she will check it out to see if the trap is on there.

I wonder if it has something to do with the name also, my Cat Molly also 2, is the most curious cat I have ever had and the most mischievous, she will examine everything, I was lucky one binman day she didn't go with the rubbish, I saw something move in the bag as I was about to tie it and there a little face appeared, hers, she had crawled into the bin, to tear up tissue paper, one of her favorite games, she will go into the toilet grab the end of the toilet roll and run, then rap herself up in tissue and tear her way out. but I still Love her and he funny ways.

haha well guess what my dog eats? when we do chores he follows us around and he'll go thru the gate and he will grab as many cow terds as he can and go burry them in a staw pile and then eat them. GROSS!!! why would he do this?

my computer sucks i have to type this again, lost what a wrote,.

anyhow. i have a jack russell, Commander Dax, think Deep Space 9, he will eat anything. take him to the barn, eats horse poo, take him for a walk, deer and rabbit poo, in the house, you guessed it, cat poo!! yuk!!

even climbs things, got into a new bag of oreo cookies, sick all nite. stupid mutt, got ta love them though.. had to spend the weekend at the vets a couple yrs ago, ate something that took a while to pass. luckily, he passed it, or else he would have had surgery.

we have to keep the garbage up or he'd be in that too, came home one day, garbage alll over the house, and in his belly, dumb dog. :roll: you'd think they'd learn after a while, but no.

Latest posts