Growth ain't what it's cracked up to be

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8":1g7ppktd said:
TexasBred":1g7ppktd said:
cowgirl8":1g7ppktd said:
My SIL lives in Coopland, near Austin, she has a small 100 acre place. Its a nice area when they get rain..Flat, no trees though. Her place is in a movie. Gilberts Grapes, her house is in a scene when they are driving a car by it. Filmed it in that area..
We bought in when land went per acre for what people today pay for a nice meal out today. Our area is still considered cheap at 2000 an acre and its being bought up like crazy. But, population in our towns are going down. For us, its great. We have lush forests, soft fields of grass and no people...........oh and we're still Texans.

Had a friend operated a dairy just north of Austin.....sold it about 15 years ago for a bit over $6 million.....died about 3 months later.
So sad, and since he was a dairyman, he worked for his retirement tenfold... How did he die? I hope it was test driving his Lamborghini at 165 mph with the wind in his hair... But being a hard worker he probably ratholed that money for improvements...
:lol: :lol: Actually he "thought" he was in excellent health. Just had a sudden massive heart attack.

I'm near Seguin. The growth around me is staggering. Traffic is the biggest issue I see. It's getting close to gridlock.

Lot's of the new folks are from California, some from Arizona, and some from Illinois. There are also tons of hispanics buying little 2.5 - 5 acre tracts. It won't be long till Texas is one big sprawling city.

Between Seguin and New Braunfels on hwy 46 nice subdivisions popping up everywhere.
From 1-35 Toward Seguin traffic backs all way to Clear Springs on hwy 46.
Not fun to drive over there anymore.

I used to frequently drive from San Angelo to East Texas, going tru Austin. Wasn't bad going thru Austin if I took 71 out of Llano down thru Bee Cave and out past the airport toward Bastrop, but once (and only once) I took 29 out of llano and the northern route going thru Burnet, Bertram and Georgetown. Holy crap was the traffic bad and that's been nearly 10 years ago.

The bottom line is we need population control in the US of A. And any and all methods are fine by me. Of course starting population control with the, can't feed them don't breed them crew, would be the best place to start in my opinion.

True Grit Farms":nhxnlhw2 said:
The bottom line is we need population control in the US of A. And any and all methods are fine by me. Of course starting population control with the, can't feed them don't breed them crew, would be the best place to start in my opinion.
What you're saying is start with blacks, mexicans and poor folks. He// me and you might not have ever got here if they'd started that 80 years ago.

TexasBred":32zhrkbj said:
True Grit Farms":32zhrkbj said:
What you're saying is start with blacks, mexicans and poor folks. He// me and you might not have ever got here if they'd started that 80 years ago.

I didn't say that at all "if you can't feed them, don't breed them" Your the one that's doing the profiling. I'll try and make it a little clearer for you TB. To me a freeloader or deadbeat is someone that survives because of someone else. It's not my job as a taxpayer to feed, clothe or provide housing for anyone of any nationally, breed, race or sex.

True Grit Farms":3vezbjbx said:
TexasBred":3vezbjbx said:
True Grit Farms":3vezbjbx said:

I didn't say that at all "if you can't feed them, don't breed them" Your the one that's doing the profiling. I'll try and make it a little clearer for you TB. To me a freeloader or deadbeat is someone that survives because of someone else. It's not my job as a taxpayer to feed, clothe or provide housing for anyone of any nationally, breed, race or sex.
Using that definition that would be all of us that have always "worked for the man". Not profiling. Just making your comment a bit more clear as to what you mean but didn't have the balls to really say.

TexasBred":1coekm9k said:
True Grit Farms":1coekm9k said:
TexasBred":1coekm9k said:

Using that definition that would be all of us that have always "worked for the man". Not profiling. Just making your comment a bit more clear as to what you mean but didn't have the balls to really say.

Naw I've got big hands TB. You'd make a good lawyer. Their great at beating around the bush and getting nothing done. Worked? Deadbeats and freeloaders only work the system.

I like the saying of it you can't feed them don't breed them. I remember as a child they would always ask for money to feed the starving children. Its obvious it doesn't work because they are still begging for more and nothing has changed apart from us having more starving than ever. There is no telling how much money has been given to fix and its only made things worse so why would you want to create more misery by giving more money?

If I raised dogs and couldn't feed them the Humane Society would have me locked up. Are dogs more precious than people? I don't get it.

True Grit Farms":2j7qhmgw said:
TexasBred":2j7qhmgw said:
True Grit Farms":2j7qhmgw said:

Naw I've got big hands TB. You'd make a good lawyer. Their great at beating around the bush and getting nothing done. Worked? Deadbeats and freeloaders only work the system.
:lol: :lol: You were the fella having a problem saying what you were thinking. Just glad I could put it into words for you.

Latest posts