Grazon

Help Support CattleToday:

#LHB#

Reaction score
A friend of mine was telling me8 about Grazon and I was reading on here about how good it was working for everyone, has anybody used the generic version wich i believe is Gunslinger?

Grazon is made by Dow and Gunslinger is made by agristar, but they're both the same percentages of everything. My herbicide dealer carrys GlyStar (Roundup by agristar) but only carries Grazon. Or maybe Grazon is all he carries in 30 gallon drums

The other agristar products are cheaper then the equivilent Dow products so I would expect it is. Problem is finding someone that carrys it.

Thanks for your help. Our biggest problem is dog fennel and clover and if it will work on the clover like they say its worth they money.

It will definitly kill clover. Our WSG field had been taken over with broadleafs and there were some significant clover patches that the deer loved. Sprayed the whole field a copule of months ago and today I noticed that there was one plant of miners lettuce but it was awfully sick looking, everything else including the clover areas are just bare ground.

#LHB#":227vhipt said:
Thanks for your help. Our biggest problem is dog fennel and clover and if it will work on the clover like they say its worth they money.
Why would you want to kill clover?

novatech":2w5iyhaq said:
#LHB#":2w5iyhaq said:
Why would you want to kill clover?

I'm confused as well, secondly dog fennel is the easiest weed in the pasture to kill. You ain't killing it this time of year in the drought, just a waste of chemical and diesel. You could mow it and spray next spring with 2-4D or Remedy when it starts growing and wipe it out.

Were not in a drought thanks to hurricane Irene, and im not spraying now anyway im waiting till spring i was just asking yall's opinion
. I didnt say we didnt control or didnt no how to control dog fenel all i said was it was our biggest problem around here. As far as the clover goes we have all coastal bermuda inthe pasture and it will be up a foot high with 30x30ft blocks of solid clover in it that are only an inch high. I have only been raising cattle for 10 years so yaw know alot more about it than I do but if you cant raise grass you cant grow cattle is the way I look at it and I think the clover is holding the bermuda back.Just my thoughts.

#LHB#":vl6lbobn said:
Were not in a drought thanks to hurricane Irene, and im not spraying now anyway im waiting till spring i was just asking yall's opinion
. I didnt say we didnt control or didnt no how to control dog fenel all i said was it was our biggest problem around here. As far as the clover goes we have all coastal bermuda inthe pasture and it will be up a foot high with 30x30ft blocks of solid clover in it that are only an inch high. I have only been raising cattle for 10 years so yaw know alot more about it than I do but if you cant raise grass you cant grow cattle is the way I look at it and I think the clover is holding the bermuda back.Just my thoughts.

Clover makes fine first cutting hay. Secondly if you have a dog fennel problem check your soil ph, most weeds like a lower ph that is not optimum for grass production.

Our biggest problem around here is we put ALOT of litter on our land and that stuff will grow crops but it will grow weeds just as good.

We dont cut it for hay we only bale peanut hay, and as far as the ph goes we do a soil sample every fall when we get done with the crops and do it all at one time.

All I was trying to get out of this was what it would do on clover. Thanks for your help. Sorry for the confusion.

In my book your better off killing the bermuda and raising the clover.
Clover is free fertilizer. It makes excellent grazing especially when mixed with stockpiled forage or other grasses.

novatech":h3w1sd5o said:
Clover is free fertilizer. It makes excellent grazing especially when mixed with stockpiled forage or other grasses.
Clover has to mixed with something because of the possibility of bloat

dun":1j39ch94 said:
novatech":1j39ch94 said:
Clover has to mixed with something because of the possibility of bloat
I agree but I have grazed on pure burr clover. They seem to get used to it. But I watched them close. There are clovers low in bloat potential, like arrow leaf. I don't have a clue what clover he has but it is mixed with bermuda, so the should be OK. I would still plant some rye or oats to go along with it.

Latest posts