Grass fire yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

Ruark

Reaction score
It's dryer than a crack in a rock out here. Had a big pasture fire yesterday about 1/4 mile N of our place. Big flames coming up 15-20 feet, fire trucks everywhere. It blackened about 50 acres. Thank goodness the wind was blowing the other way, or my place would be toast. The 90 acres between us and the fire is severely undergrazed, is full of cedar and thick, knee-deep dry grass. I shudder to think of a spark getting in there.

Last weekend, my wife and I were picking up roadside trash out by the front gate and found several cigarette butts that had been flicked out of passing cars. My thoughts at that moment were, uh, not nice at all.

****, we need a long, slow rain. Puh-leeeze.

texas has been getting hit with some bad fires here lately.so glad the fire didnt get to your place.an most of texas does need a good soaking rain.

bigbull338":2bdr4288 said:
texas has been getting hit with some bad fires here lately.so glad the fire didnt get to your place.an most of texas does need a good soaking rain.

yes we do

"Firefighters in Texas worked Monday to contain fast-moving wildfires that had destroyed at least 60 homes, burned more than 130,000 acres"

One of my clients told me today that there was a fire last few days south of Johnson Ks that burned over 60,000 acres and right up to the town.

you guys down there in texas always need rain. one time when i was livin in laredo it didn't rain from valentines day till late august. another time i was drivin west through marfa and saw a cloud of dust thousands of feet in the air (some guy on a tractor discing). i later found out in el paso that the dust came down up in the ohio area. good luck on the rain; we need it up here too!

Latest posts