Graduation gifts

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":3eatp8d2 said:
We don't due things like that around here, only immediate family give gifts..Like grandma and aunts etc. and only if you are close relationship wise or if your best friends kids graduate. High school graduation is not really a big deal here, it is kind of a given. Uni and college are celebrated more.

However I have been asked to go to 4 different confirmations in the last month and I am not even Catholic and only one was someone that I am close to, my niece ..Very strange...

HD...be careful at those confirmations. If Fr. ?? can get some oil on your forehead he'll have you Catholic before the service is over. :lol2: :lol2:

Sure is a generous group around here.

Someone we know gets a card. Someone we don't know gets nothing.

We follow the same plan for weddings.

Of course, close relatives is a little different plan. That depends on how much we like them (if at all). :banana:

lets see grad gifts.for the kids of friends that weve known all their lives its $25.an kids we just barely know its $10 to $20.all my neices an nephews are out of school now.for the neices i gave them new desktop pcs.for the nephews i helped them get laptops.

larryshoat":1xwumnxa said:
tom4018":1xwumnxa said:
Our daughter graduated last year and only sent invitations to close friends and relatives. Seems some send them to anyone and everyone in hopes of more gifts. I have a cousin that did not get my daughter anything and this year a invitation is sent to my mom with our name on it. Just irks me sometimes the way people are, not a real close relationship with my cousin even though we own adjoining property, she always thought she was better than me and maybe she is. Guess I am the black sheep but why should I give her daughter something when mine got nothing?

Because you are better than her and because the last thing you want to be, is like her.

If a kid sends me an invitation that I don't know well I send $25, if a kid has worked for me $100, for nieces and nephews $500.

Larry

That's pretty close except for nieces and nephews. We cap it at $300. There's too many of them!

OK, we send $ to relatives that we know, $50 is what the BL has decided on. :cry2:

So just this past week, I think like Tuesday and Fri, the Boss asks me "who is this? do you know this person?" And you know? the relatives are all mine, I mean I have a bunch of cousins I haven't seen in 40 years :oops: and seems they have ALL multiplied REAL well.

So what do you do? I know, they know we give $. So what do we do?

BL is to generous, I say CUT THE CORD :nod: any advice.

Give good advice. I'm showing this to the Boss. :welcome:

If you haven't seen 'em in 40 years, I don't they they are worth $50. That is, unless you have that "rich cousin" image to keep. :p

mnmtranching":3o620rmn said:
OK, we send $ to relatives that we know, $50 is what the BL has decided on. :cry2:

So just this past week, I think like Tuesday and Fri, the Boss asks me "who is this? do you know this person?" And you know? the relatives are all mine, I mean I have a bunch of cousins I haven't seen in 40 years :oops: and seems they have ALL multiplied REAL well.

So what do you do? I know, they know we give $. So what do we do?

BL is to generous, I say CUT THE CORD :nod: any advice.

Who do you think is the better person you or your wife? Just answer that and then let the better prevail.

Larry

I don't think any of my relatives are worth a dang, $ or otherwise. :roll: So why else would they send invitations? Their just a bunch of beggers :nod:
I think we should stop by, gorge ourselves pack a doggy bag and leave a used card. :cowboy:

But yeah :help: my wife is the better person and besides that she has the brains and is the boss.

Those that are not close family get nothing. Family members we'll give $25 and best wishes. I know they expect more but this gets them use to coping with "disappointment".

TexasBred":vhoa60wa said:
Those that are not close family get nothing. Family members we'll give $25 and best wishes. I know they expect more but this gets them use to coping with "disappointment".

Then my wanting to use, used cards and no cash, should really get them started out on the right track. 8)

mnmtranching":1keta5mw said:

Tell BL to keep that cash in her pocket. MM and I will make our way over with duns lottery winnings, and the 3 of us can go snipe hunting. :clap: Costs alot of money to hunt snipe. :nod: If I remember right, it is your turn to hold the fort down anyhow. :help: Any of you other ladies up to a snipe trip? I was thinking cpinz might ask his wife ~ I bet she deserves a break as much as anyone! :drink:

angie":2643o65g said:
mnmtranching":2643o65g said:

Tell BL to keep that cash in her pocket. MM and I will make our way over with duns lottery winnings, and the 3 of us can go snipe hunting. :clap: Costs alot of money to hunt snipe. :nod: If I remember right, it is your turn to hold the fort down anyhow. :help: Any of you other ladies up to a snipe trip? I was thinking cpinz might ask his wife ~ I bet she deserves a break as much as anyone! :drink:
Me! But I always seem to scare them away. :frowns:

Latest posts