Government Handouts

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right Texan, he's just a punk. My 15 year old works at McDonalds. He's putting money away for college and a car. My 18 year old has worked 30 hrs a week for the past 2 years while going to school full time. he's headed into Engineering at University in the fall and I'm so 'embarassed' that they are working at jobs like that and making their way in the world. (NOT). I'd be so much more impressed if they sat around whining about how they're not getting enough of the people's tax money to buy a new truck (NOT). I left home when I was 17. My parents haven't given me anything since. Get a life GP. Embarassed, indeed.

greenpasture78":2skq18gx said:
Thanks Goatlady for correcting me...it is, indeed, called Supplemental Security Income... I was a bit ticked off by the very personal insults Texan and a few others have said.
Nah, computers isn't my things. Sitting in front of the computer makes me depress...I am an up and go type of guy.
Y'alls on here have the extra earnings that I don't get....most of you on here got a fancy, schmacy new truck with A/C in it, a nice house and property...livestock..everything I dream of! .

Friendly advice; get up and GO. Hate to burst your bubble but most of the rest of us started at the bottom and worked our way up and that's exactly what you need to be doing at your age. Not wallowing in self pitty, which seems to be far too common in young folks these days. The job I have is not what I wanted to do with my life either, but I've been doing it for well over 20 years. And, No we don't have a new truck, No the AC doesn't work in it, No we don't have a fancy house and No we don't have 100% health coverage either (which at this stage YOU do).

As a teenager, working at McDonalds isn't so bad but a good life experience. When I was in HS, I did janiortorial job for a year or so then a typewriting job (that wasn't so bad....) My new job that I will get, I will be starting from the bottom and work my way up, which I have NO problems or complaints whatsoever!
Embarrassed is a wrong word...lets say humiliated that I am "forced" to get into SSI to get money (either that or live on the streets! I doubt you want me to live like that, eh?). enough about me, lets hear your sob (crying, not the swear word) stories. I got an idea for a new thread!

greenpasture78":6r1h91gy said:
Embarrassed is a wrong word...lets say humiliated that I am "forced" to get into SSI to get money (either that or live on the streets!

No one's "forcing" you to do anything. Here's an idea. Since eric is all for welfare & helping people like you out, maybe he send his money straight to you. He can kind of sponsor you like people can sponsor those little kids in undeveloped countries. Each month you can send him a picture of yourself and update him on how you're doing.

greenpasture78":12qe4qcn said:
lets hear your sob (crying, not the swear word) stories. I got an idea for a new thread!

You want to know what my biggest complaint in life is? Good, I'll tell you. My husband will send me to the shop to get a 7/16 bolt and wrench, for example. I get the bolt, walk across the shop to the other side, open the drawer, take out an end wrench that says 7/16 and it doesn't fit :shock:
Who came up with this system?

goatlady":154v28sq said:
greenpasture78":154v28sq said:
lets hear your sob (crying, not the swear word) stories. I got an idea for a new thread!

You want to know what my biggest complaint in life is? Good, I'll tell you. My husband will send me to the shop to get a 7/16 bolt and wrench, for example. I get the bolt, walk across the shop to the other side, open the drawer, take out an end wrench that says 7/16 and it doesn't fit :shock:

Haha! Goatlady! I've been there and done that! Darn those French for inventing the metric system! In Chemstry (which I am studying, its one of the requirements I must take...very boring class!), they use a great deal in converting into metrics! as Charlie Brown said "I can't stand it! I just can't stand it!".

greenpasture78":ingcmmxw said:
goatlady":ingcmmxw said:
greenpasture78":ingcmmxw said:

Haha! Goatlady! I've been there and done that! Darn those French for inventing the metric system! In Chemstry (which I am studying, its one of the requirements I must take...very boring class!), they use a great deal in converting into metrics! as Charlie Brown said "I can't stand it! I just can't stand it!".

It has nothing to do with metrics . this tells me you have never put a wrench on a bolt.......

GP 78 the only thing seperating you from your dreams is your attitude.
In other words get off your a**.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

greenpasture78":1o787xrb said:
...I am an up and go type of guy.

please tell us exactly what you "up & go" do?

I will not embarrass myself with an low ending jobs like McDonalds or grocery store as a bagger.

i had several jobs after college that paid between $5 & $6/hr. was i "embarrassed"? no. i would have been more "embarrased" if i was sitting on my ass not working & letting someone else pay my bills. one thing i noticed at the time & this thread reminds me of it.............the good thing about making so little money is that it was less i had to give to uncle sam to give to people like you.

I did find one employer that is willing to train me (whoo hoo!)

? why aren't you working for him/her? too embarrassing? not the gravy train you're riding on now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts