Government bailout thread?

Help Support CattleToday:

There is no government bailout thread. This is just your mind playing tricks on you. Economy is wonderful. Buy now, pay later. Everything is wonderful. Only thing that could make it more wonderful is a bigger government so it could bail us all out. Assuming of course we ever needed bailing out. Which we don't. Cause everything is wonderful.

Jogeephus":27lp5r34 said:
There is no government bailout thread. This is just your mind playing tricks on you. Economy is wonderful. Buy now, pay later. Everything is wonderful. Only thing that could make it more wonderful is a bigger government so it could bail us all out. Assuming of course we ever needed bailing out. Which we don't. Cause everything is wonderful.

Oh, I guess I just didn't understand all that, when you look at it like that it does make it a lot better .

Good post Jo ;-) .

Larry

larryshoat":1zrzybny said:
Where did the govrernment bailout thread go ?

Larry

I thought it was getting interesting. Must have gotten deleted right about the time I tried to post my thoughts on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae last night. I'm having some problems understanding a "government sponsored enterprise" that is a privately held company, not responsible for paying state or local taxes, protected from public disclosure through the SEC, able to give campaign contributions (through a veiled PAC), with oversight from the Secretary of HUD and US Congress, and protected by the US Treasury.

Looks to me like we made it way too complicated and spent too much effort on the "fair lending practices" part and way too little effort on running the "business" and making sure the business was sustainable and solvent. The more I learn the madder I'm getting.

skyline":276mk3ke said:
larryshoat":276mk3ke said:
Where did the govrernment bailout thread go ?

Larry

I thought it was getting interesting. Must have gotten deleted right about the time I tried to post my thoughts on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae last night. I'm having some problems understanding a "government sponsored enterprise" that is a privately held company, not responsible for paying state or local taxes, protected from public disclosure through the SEC, able to give campaign contributions (through a veiled PAC), with oversight from the Secretary of HUD and US Congress, and protected by the US Treasury.

Looks to me like we made it way too complicated and spent too much effort on the "fair lending practices" part and way too little effort on running the "business" and making sure the business was sustainable and solvent. The more I learn the madder I'm getting.
The Freddie/Fannie debacle is just further proof that it is virtually impossible for the government to operate a "for profit" organization for any length of time. I guess a for profit government run organization would be an oxymoron.

Everyone had to have a house, I guess. I don't believe home ownership is a right. I believe that home ownership is some thing you earn. Greed, that's all it is. If I can't make any other payments, I will keep up the mortgage. And that time may be fast approaching. I don't understand how we can both work, make a decent salary, and still have to struggle. Fuel is eating our lunch. Along with everything else that high fuel costs increases. We don't live the high life, either. I was thinking last night, if we are stuggling, then what do folks do that make less? I guess they let their houses go back.

I am just glad that someone else's threads go poof.

I need everyone to go out there and buy a trailer house. I may be in one before too long.

Red Bull Breeder":2h7kd9ar said:
If the CEO and the others at the top can get more by runningthe company in the ground and walking away why wouldn't they.

Come to think of it, I wish my company was protected from failure by the US Treasury. That's a sweet deal if you can get it. :roll:

Well, we'll know more by the end of the day, if that stock market drops another 500 it won't be good . I think the question is , how much more of this bank trouble is there . The money that they have lost is long gone .

Larry

larryshoat":3nzm0el0 said:
Well, we'll know more by the end of the day, if that stock market drops another 500 it won't be good . I think the question is , how much more of this bank trouble is there . The money that they have lost is long gone .

Larry

if and when the big crash does happen...by the time we find out about it - it will be to late. at the onset of the great depression money was tied up so fast it made peoples head spin. now, with high speed electronic communications and "franchise" banks spread out all over the country - access to your funds will be instantly cut-off.

ROB

The only thing the IRS ever did for my company was to audit to insure they got their share. Tom :???: :???: