Got to try out the new rifle.

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Shot him yesterday evening while planting beans.
004.JPG

Sim, have an odd question for you. By chance did you have a bearing squeeking? Reason I ask is I was using the grain drill and I had a bad bearing in it and it was squeeking like crazy and while I was in the field I had three coyotes come out in the field. I am thinking the coyotes heard the bearing and thought it was a mouse or something. Just wondering.

They squeak all the time from the old springs on the planting units. There was two of them, and were probably two young males that got ran off from pack, and weren't to smart about people with guns. :lol:

Don't mean to sound weird about this but I've noticed what I think might be a trend and I'm just trying to draw a conclusion whether this is a coincidence or something real. I've noticed when I harrow I never see coyotes but when I use my old squeeky grain drill I see them nearly pretty regular and this will sometime be in the middle of the day when you normally don't see coyotes. can't help but think the squeek draws their attention somehow. Just wondering.

Anytime I'm bush hogging coyotes will follow behind the tractor catching the rodents I spooked up. I shot one last year with a .45 out of a the cab. Could not hear for day. Now I keep some earmuffs in the tractor.

I did the same to a Jack once. Shot through the passenger window and liked to have deafened myself. I do hope you are a better shot with a pistol than I am.

Latest posts