got the garden planted

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I disked the garden last week, and today we got some decent rain to pack the soil back down. So went to planting. 50 or so corn,15 reen and red peppers! 50 okra(maybe more) 30 or so tomatoes, buch of carrots, 20 broccoli, 20 cauliflower, 15 jalepenos, 50 squash, 30 bush bean. If it all takes I'm in trouble, but given my track record, we may be able to get one meal out of it. I rally need to disk up some more for more corn, onions, garlic, and taters....but that's for tomorrow

hooknline":1rpnoljc said:
I disked the garden last week, and today we got some decent rain to pack the soil back down. So went to planting. 50 or so corn,15 reen and red peppers! 50 okra(maybe more) 30 or so tomatoes, buch of carrots, 20 broccoli, 20 cauliflower, 15 jalepenos, 50 squash, 30 bush bean. If it all takes I'm in trouble, but given my track record, we may be able to get one meal out of it. I rally need to disk up some more for more corn, onions, garlic, and taters....but that's for tomorrow

You stick TOMATO seeds in the ground and tomato plants just come up? NO freakin way. I never heard of such a thing. Heck around here we put out 24in tall plants on the 1st of June and still hope they don't freeze before the 10th. To be fair tho when they get going they do OK just not for long. First frost last year was Sept 10th :mad:

Yeah, it sucks living down here! We would have done great on the maters last fall but the frost came a month early. Just as everything was ripening

hooknline":3er6iuv8 said:
Yeah, it sucks living down here! We would have done great on the maters last fall but the frost came a month early. Just as everything was ripening

I love Florida. I can CHEW the air.

I couldn't stand it either. Planted new potatoes and am thinking of planting some squash and green beans to. This weather has got me itching to go but I think mother nature may have a trick up her sleeve.

I tell folks this Florida air is like trying to breathe through a bowl of soup.

Seen new growth on the grape vines and the pecans look real close to buddin out today.

Having grown up in the phx area, and then living here, I tell people the difference is like sticking your head in an oven or sticking it in a sauna. On another note, I'm just west of that 16000 acre fire. Only thing between us is a lake, and I'm sure hoping they get it under control

Which fire? What is the closest town? I am keeping up with some of them and the ones in Texas also but we are having some here so we are not sending crews yet.

I have planted lettuce and ready to plant sweet peas.
looked at broccoli sets yesterday but they looked awful so I will go to my other store to see if his look any better.
way too early here for other stuff yet as we still got all of march to go for frost potential.

I will probably set a few early tomatoes and just cover em with palstic in a mini greenhouse. Put a clear plastic bag over the cage for each one. but still a couple of weeks early for that too.

Kenny, they are calling it the iron horse fire...located now near Mims and Oak hill. Havent caught the news yet today, but last nite it was in a area that a lot of our friends live, and getting closer to us. My beekeeper best friend has a few bee yards that are about to go up in smoke, and its just getting closer

PDF, our lettuce from last fall bolted, so we may have a bunch of lettuce too. I probably disked a buncha seed in

it was too dry here last fall to plant any fall crops.

I did not get one homegrown tomato last year as the vines all died after it stopped raining in early May. the guys who could irrigate had nice tomatos. Hayed the horses most of the summer and only had a couple cows so they squeaked thru.

hoping for a little better year this year but other than one big snow the winter weather of the east has either been north or south of us and we have had it pretty mild and are now dry and already have a moisture defecit this year.

If pecans are blooming then you should be good to go. Haven't seen any bloom yet but the oaks just started this week.

Oaks blooming are a good sign. Ours are going nuts. But, last year the oaks and oranges were in full bloom along with everything else and we had that sneaky last freeze that set everything back a month. Let's hope that isn't the case this year

Jogeephus":3cty2mpy said:
I couldn't stand it either. Planted new potatoes and am thinking of planting some squash and green beans to. This weather has got me itching to go but I think mother nature may have a trick up her sleeve.

I hope so cuz my tard arse aint done much yet........

Well, got frost on the ground and trucks this morning.just as grass was greening up. At least none of the garden has poked up yet

Latest posts