Got my first iphone.

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a iPhone 6s I like it. I have a laptop at home but never use it anymore except to keep up with my taxes for the farm stuff.

My son is 15 and he has an iphone and laptop, and he mainly only uses his iphone for texting and listening to music on the go; he uses his laptop for everything he does at home. My daughter is in college and is glued to her iphone, but she uses a laptop for school work; she says that she loves her laptop.

We have laptops and ipads at my work, but they also give us desktops; they seem to be what everyone prefers over the others.

I can certainly understand my iphone replacing my old razr, but I can't see it replacing a laptop or desktop. I have a nice speaker system on my laptop, a printer, and I do watch shows on it at times. I can't see a handheld device replacing that, but I may change my mind in a few months.

I use a IPhone 6 which is my work phone, wife has a Android. I have not used the Android much so hard to say much about it. I guess it is all in what you get accustomed using. I love a big screen so I can't see my desktop going away, well maybe replacing it with another as is it giving trouble. Some things an IPhone seems to be ahead on but seem Android is getting more popular.

tom4018":1tu22pbz said:
I use a IPhone 6 which is my work phone, wife has a Android. I have not used the Android much so hard to say much about it. I guess it is all in what you get accustomed using. I love a big screen so I can't see my desktop going away, well maybe replacing it with another as is it giving trouble. Some things an IPhone seems to be ahead on but seem Android is getting more popular.

Same here. My current desktop is 6 years old. When it bites the dust, I certainly see myself replacing it with another desktop.

lavacarancher":1tgcllyg said:
M-5":1tgcllyg said:
Don't buy into that Apple crap (crapple). Get a droid and you will be happier .

+10
I've had both and prefer the IPhone over the Droid. Guess it's just what you get use to though. My wife's phone has the Android system (Samsung I think) and she says it works fine for her. I'll admit I don't do a lot of technical stuff on it. Still used the laptop and/or the desktop for real computing.

when I moved from the flip phone to a smarter phone I did not move all the way to the cutting edge and got a decent phone for minimum money and have had it for three years....I am still learning things it can do that I can't....

like someone else said it is not for old eyes and I prefer a bigger screen but it will do in a pinch when I am not near a desk.

can get and send e-mail from both work and home servers...and so it rings now.....oh heck...it is the wife....better answer it.

I like iPhones but I don't think they are any better than other phones, just whatever you prefer. I think you should of waited a year for the 8 it is supposed to have a bunch of new technology.

wacocowboy":2wqwvs5g said:
I like iPhones but I don't think they are any better than other phones, just whatever you prefer. I think you should of waited a year for the 8 it is supposed to have a bunch of new technology.

It's probably stuff that wouldn't benefit me anyway. For years when I would get a phone the salesman would start blabbing about all the extras of one phone over another, but I would always make it clear that all I wanted was one that placed calls. At that point, any phone he had would usually suffice.

herofan":300spi3y said:
wacocowboy":300spi3y said:

It's probably stuff that wouldn't benefit me anyway. For years when I would get a phone the salesman would start blabbing about all the extras of one phone over another, but I would always make it clear that all I wanted was one that placed calls. At that point, any phone he had would usually suffice.

I don't remember what all is supposed to be on it. I like to play games on mine. I play Yahtzee and numble with some of my family it is fun. I also use the camera on mine to snap photos of my cows or other interesting stuff.

TennesseeTuxedo":1bnnczad said:
TCRanch":1bnnczad said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1bnnczad said:
Return it, you're clearly not up to the challenge.

It took me a month to master the sonic toothbrush without gagging or spewing the mirror. Count me in as another dinosaur with basic text & a camera (although I can't upload pics). :hide: BUT I'm actually ready to take the plunge, plop down a gazillion dollars on a smart phone (that will most likely be destroyed within a month) and scroll through CT & Facebook while I'm spending quality time in the pasture. Wish me luck!

If have no doubt you will master the IPhone in no time.

Seriously, wish me luck. Just came home with a new Motorola Droid Turbo 2. The learning curve will be epic!

TCRanch":2zzm1faj said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2zzm1faj said:
TCRanch":2zzm1faj said:
It took me a month to master the sonic toothbrush without gagging or spewing the mirror. Count me in as another dinosaur with basic text & a camera (although I can't upload pics). :hide: BUT I'm actually ready to take the plunge, plop down a gazillion dollars on a smart phone (that will most likely be destroyed within a month) and scroll through CT & Facebook while I'm spending quality time in the pasture. Wish me luck!

If have no doubt you will master the IPhone in no time.

Seriously, wish me luck. Just came home with a new Motorola Droid Turbo 2. The learning curve will be epic!

you will have it down and no time .

Latest posts