Got my Bday present a few days late

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, my heifer finally calved, missed my bday by 2 days, but she wasn't the only one :).. Did it right, and had a very pretty little heifer, about 70ish lbs. It took a while for the programming to kick in, she didn't lick much, but kinda just circled around the calf, so I got it up and sucking, at which point the licking part came to her, except it was me (with no shirt on) that got all the attention... If anyone wants an "exfoliant", Cow tongue is the best there is! I swear I have no skin left on the backs of my shoulders!
Anyhow, I went back into the shop to do some work, and I checked back an hour later, baby was going for seconds, and was all cleaned up... so I guess she finally figured it out.
I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I can go on my weekend vacation without having to worry about her calving

Hook... As much as you may have enjoyed your dive, I think I got the better present :)

And here are some pictures..
20140808_120827_zps7c10068f.jpg

Peekaboo !
20140808_120806_zps20184057.jpg

20140808_090439_zps32b5a597.jpg

I'm going to have to try and get a pic up tomorrow again.. Momma has WAY too much milk, and hasn't figured out that letting me milk her will make her more comfortable yet. Baby is never very hungry, just goes and pulls on the teat a couple times to 'top up' the tank..

Latest posts