Got deer?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":21ztkd63 said:
kenny thomas":21ztkd63 said:
TexasBred":21ztkd63 said:
Hook just to the east of me is a small town of about less than 2000 people that has over 100 of those high fence deer ranches. Mostly owned by big money folks out of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Amazing some of the deer they ahve on those places. I'm sure a hunt cost a lot of money and is little more than sitting you down somewhere that old "big boy' walks by everyday on the way to the feeder. I'd like to cut a few fences and let a few bucks get with the wild deer. :mrgreen:
My orders when on wildfires in west TX is first to try to avoid cutting the high fences but if I must someone has to stay at that spot until it iss fully repaired. Luckly I have not had to cut one yet. Must be some powerful people owning those places if theiur fence is more important than putting out the fire.
Oh, tell Deadeye I will be waiting for pictures of one like that in the wild.

KT here's an article on one old fellow that got caught way over in the Piney Woods of East Texas.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/28 ... r-20120129
I had not really thought about it being an issue inside the fenced areas but should have known better. Here we have Elk that first KY brought in. VA game comission said it was terrible and they would bring CWD and everything else you could imagine. We could kill the Elk just like the deer. VA soon seen the MONEY that KY was making from the Elk hunting and all of a sudden they changed their ideas and not are bringing them in to stock also.

Latest posts