Got A Job

Help Support CattleToday:

chicken farmer":2ppkun2u said:
hillsdown":2ppkun2u said:
Facing and cleaning shelves is always a never ending job ,but it sure makes the store look sharp . :D

When i was in school, I worked at a grocery store. Every night the manager would let us leave the whole store had to be faced. For years after I quit the store I would catch myself facing shelves whenever I shopped.
I often straighten up the magazine rack. That's my way of "paying rent" on what I read for free.

Still getting use to the schedule and routine..
Each person has a different way of doing things and in which order. That is a bit confusing, but I just ask and I am told how it should be done at that time.

Just taking it one day at a time.

I did not know what to do today. Not only was I embarassed but I could tell numerous customers were too.
The store got busy around 4:30-5:00. I was working on till 2 and suddenly I heard this song by Kenny G come on really loud. I thought it was a customers cell phone, nope it was that guy that was yapping in my ear on day 2. Now he had been talking really loud. Not only could everyone around the till's hear him but almost the entire store.
It wasn't his volume but the subject that was embarassing.
He started bragging about downloading this song from iTunes to his phone, then he brought up the British singer george michael and how he was gay. Said he wouldn't mind if this singer showed up and wanted to snuggle with him.
It is one thing to talk about this in the backroom but something completely different to be talking about it in front of customers.
I had an older lady at my till and when he started talking about that subject I could see the change in her face. I could feel my blush creeping up my neck. Not sure if I should have apologized to her when I took out her groceries or not.
Heard earlier he has given them his 2 weeks notice.

On a good note I was talking with my boss and she mentioned how impressed she and her husband were over the fact that I was always busy doing something. She said they were very happy to have me because they could tell I was not use to not working.

Kathie do you think I should have apologized to my customer? I felt so bad.

I know I'm not going to miss this guy when he leaves.

Getting of the hang of the routine. Asked my boss today if she would mind it if I thumped the beer delivery guy? We keep the milk and beer together in one cooler and the delivery guy went and moved everything. Well we had some milk that was outdated and were in a couple of crates. He mixed them in with the new milk.
I found it out as I was restocking the milk section. Good thing I checked the dates.
We laughed about it.

I luv herfrds":2vgq3cm0 said:
Kathie do you think I should have apologized to my customer? I felt so bad.

I know I'm not going to miss this guy when he leaves.

Getting of the hang of the routine. Asked my boss today if she would mind it if I thumped the beer delivery guy? We keep the milk and beer together in one cooler and the delivery guy went and moved everything. Well we had some milk that was outdated and were in a couple of crates. He mixed them in with the new milk.
I found it out as I was restocking the milk section. Good thing I checked the dates.
We laughed about it.
For your specific question about your co-worker and the music -- if you know that's not going to be a problem in the future, I'd simply apologize for the volume. and maybe the selection if you felt you needed to (for the time it happened). And if the "problem" isn't leaving soon . . . suggest that the "problem" keep the tune volumes lower. I HATE to get into situations w/ co-workers that wind up with the boss, if you can handle it with the co-worker, and not make yourself look like a tattle-tale. Those can be hard calls.

It was not the music but the conversation he was having at the time. I did not want to know about what he posted on his facebook, my customer did not either.
Earlier he was kicking a box down one of aisles in front of a family with 2 little girls. I guess around 4 or 5 years old. He was also using some profane words. Heard one of the little girls say she didn't like him because he did not behave. :lol2:

Latest posts